cutekoala's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, August 16th, 2014 3:02 AM

Issues with Recording/Playback

Of late the issues I've been experiencing while playing back what I've recorded on my DVR are becoming frustrating.  The last views times I've been viewing movies that I've taped, the playback freezes up.  I've gotten a message that reads the DVR cannot play back at this time or something of that nature.  I've had to totally turn everything off and back on to 'reboot'.  Today while watching a movie that I recorded, I come to find out that the end of the movie wasn't even recorded!!!  It didn't record the entire movie!  What's up with that?  Anyone else experiencing this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

When in doubt, reboot.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

If the DVR functions are still not working, try a Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery.

Unplug the power cord of the DVR from the wall or from the back of the box and wait ten seconds. Plug the DVR back in.

When three white dots appear on the screen, unplug the DVR again. Repeat this process two more times.

Plug the DVR back in on the third time and leave in. Three white dots appear followed by a gear with a status bar at the bottom of the screen.

If the Disaster Recovery screen does not appear, repeat the steps above. If the Disaster Recovery screen appears, wait until completion.

If the Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery does not work, follow the steps for a Force Disaster Recovery

Will not erase recordings, takes a long time, 20-30 mins or so. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @cutekoala 

Just checking up on your post. Did the advice that mibrnsurg help you resolve this issue with your DVR? If it's still not recording or playing back properly, then try performing a quick reboot to the Gateway/modem device as well to refresh the network. I hope this helps! Let us know if the DVR still does not respond to the resets. 🙂

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I have not tried what mibrnsurg suggested yet; however, can you please tell me how to do the quick reboot to the Gateway/modem in the event I need to do that?

And thank you, mibrnsurg, for your quick response and suggestion.  I will give that a try.  I'll let you know if my problem is resolved once I try that.  Thanks.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

10 years ago

@cutekoala wrote:

I have not tried what mibrnsurg suggested yet; however, can you please tell me how to do the quick reboot to the Gateway/modem in the event I need to do that?

And thank you, mibrnsurg, for your quick response and suggestion.  I will give that a try.  I'll let you know if my problem is resolved once I try that.  Thanks.

The easiest way is to pull the power cable from the back  and wait 30 sec. and plug it back in. After a few minutes everything will be up and running again, I try to reboot the RG every month.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@cutekoala wrote:

You're welcome, can also just hold the power button in for about 5-10 seconds will give a reboot.  Or menu>options>restart 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Sorry I'm just getting back on here.  I have taken the steps suggested, and it appears the problem is resolved.  I've watched a couple of things I recorded and there was no freezing up of the replay.  Hopefully, it's good from here on out!

Thanks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.