Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Is there a way to connect U-verse DVRs to a different wireless network?

Highlighted

Is there a way to connect U-verse DVRs to a different wireless network?

(Originally posted to incorrect forum)

I have an Orbi network mesh for better wireless coverage throughout my property. It's connected to my U-verse router, but uses a different SSID. I wasn't able to turn off all wireless receivers on the router, so the original U-verse SSID also appears as an available wireless network in some areas of the house. I use the Orbi network for all of my devices; iPads, iPhones, TV, etc. I'd like to use the U-verse remote app on my iPhone to control the DVRs, but I haven't found a way to switch them to the Orbi network. So, right now I have to switch between wireless networks on my phone to first control the TV, then control the DVR. Are there any solutions to make this more seamless? Thanks for any help.

-- 

Rob

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by rob.heiser
‎04-08-2017 3:11 PM

Re: Is there a way to connect U-verse DVRs to a different wireless network?

Change the Orbi-s to Access Point mode instead of routers.  Have one LAN/subnet with all devices present.  Then you can do what you want.

Netgear writes writes

An Orbi WiFi System works with your existing gateway or modem.

• If your gateway or modem has router functionality: When you set up your Orbi network, choose AP mode and turn off your existing gateway or modem's WiFi to improve performance.
  • If your gateway or modem does not have router functionality: When you set up your Orbi network, select router mode and turn off your existing gateway or modem's WiFi to improve performance.

Note: After your existing WiFi is disabled, you can use that WiFi network name for your Orbi network.

It would seem you did the later instead of the former.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6

You just increased my enjoyment of my entertainment setup by at least an order of magnitude. Thank you!

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

I'm glad that helped.  Enjoy!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Hi

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

@richardcrites wrote:

Hi

?

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support