mbutts4901's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, December 22nd, 2012 11:39 PM

Is the "Pause live or recorded shows in one room and pick them up in another" feature a myth?

I had U-verse installed about 24 hours ago (a quick 10 hour process!).  One of the features AT&T really pushes is the ability to pause in one room and pick up at the exact same point in another room.  I have talked to a couple different U-verse support techs and they have no idea how this works.  They suggested recording the program.

I'm just curious if this is vaporware from the sales department or if there is a way to do this.  The DVR model is VIP2250 and the wireless receivers are ISB7005.

I have searched the forums, but most of the postings that mention "pause" are from over a year ago.  I also can't find any manual, getting started guide, or general how-to on this particular feature.

On Edit: fixed typo in topic

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

Great isn't it?Smiley Happy

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@RCSMG wrote:

Great isn't it?Smiley Happy

It does but you have to leave TV1's box on, right?  That could be a bummer if you aere turning in for the night and TV1 is downstairs.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

It does but you have to leave TV1's box on, right?  That could be a bummer if you aere turning in for the night and TV1 is downstairs.

Once you have tuned to the channel on TV1, you can turn TV2 off.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

The only problem with aviewer's solution is that you don't get the continuous viewing into the next program.  For example, the news comes on after Dr. Phil.  If I record Dr. Phil, I can't leave the TV on and catch the news. 

If I pause STB#1, continue it on STB#2, I can watch the 4:00 pm news AFTER Dr. Phil.

Other than that, It's a good solution.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Hey skeeter - I believe you can get the next programs if you FF during the adds.

I wanted to watch Blue Bloods Friday night. I waited til 20 after 10 to start the recording - FF through the adds - went live about eight minutes before eleven. News at 11.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

How about just pausing a show and then watching the rest of it later? The stupid dvr goes to sleep after 6 hours and then you have to start the show over, no option to resume. With Directv I could pause a show and anytime, from anywhere, even if the dvr lost power and restarted, resume and pick up where I left off.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@kbathsinc wrote:

How about just pausing a show and then watching the rest of it later? The stupid dvr goes to sleep after 6 hours and then you have to start the show over, no option to resume. With Directv I could pause a show and anytime, from anywhere, even if the dvr lost power and restarted, resume and pick up where I left off.

What you describe seems a bit odd to do it that way.  If you want to finish watching the recording the next day beginning from where you stopped watching the day before, simply stop the recording and turn off your STB/DVR and TV.  The next time you play the recording from any TV, playback will begin at the point where the recording was previously stopped.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

I simply want to pause a show and come back and watch it later. It seems to work if I use stop instead of pause, so maybe I just need to cut the pause button off of my remote as it doesn't serve any useful purpose. When I stand up and stop watching, I don't plan out whether I'll be back in a few minutes (pause would be ok) or not until the next day (system will go to into power save and I'll have to start over if I paused it). Just curious - what purpose does the pause button serve that stop doesn't? With any other audio or video playback device, pause means pause (and restart at any time) and stop means stop and start over to play again.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

kbathsinc - If you need to have some logic to make sense of it, think of it this way -

When you hit pause you stop the show and leave it vulnerable to destruction from any subsequent occurrence.

When you hit stop you pause the show and put it away in the vault for safekeeping. You can take it out of the vault any time you want to & restart it from the beginning or from the point last viewed.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

@kbathsinc wrote:

I simply want to pause a show and come back and watch it later. It seems to work if I use stop instead of pause, so maybe I just need to cut the pause button off of my remote as it doesn't serve any useful purpose. When I stand up and stop watching, I don't plan out whether I'll be back in a few minutes (pause would be ok) or not until the next day (system will go to into power save and I'll have to start over if I paused it). Just curious - what purpose does the pause button serve that stop doesn't? With any other audio or video playback device, pause means pause (and restart at any time) and stop means stop and start over to play again.

You use the pause button when you leave for a moment to get a beverage or when you have to go tinkle....  Smiley Surprised

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.