kbathsinc's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 1:42 AM

Is the ATT DVR really this stupid, or am I?

I simply want to pause a show and then watch the rest of it later. As far as I can tell, the stupid dvr goes to sleep after 6 hours and then you have to start the show over, no option to resume. With Directv I could pause a show and anytime, from anywhere, even if the dvr lost power and restarted, resume and pick up where I left off.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

@aviewer wrote:
kbathsinc - Just use the stop button instead of the pause button. Turn off the TV & STB.

When you are ready to resume = find the show on the recording list and select resume play & it will start up where you left off.

I tried this twice, just to be sure I had not fat fingered something on the remote. When I cam back to watch the show, the show was gone. Not only that all prior episodes of the series were gone.

I know this is not the automatice delete due to running low on memory. There are a lot of shows on the machine that are a lot older.

DO NOT DO THIS if you want to keep your recordings.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

dossin - Sorry you lost recordings, but it was not from doing these steps on a working DVR. Yours must be faulty.

Same with fat fingers - very difficult to do without intending to - requires an addl click to OK.

To erase a whole series involves the delete button {bottom left). Also requires a click to OK.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

@dossin wrote:

@aviewer wrote:
kbathsinc - Just use the stop button instead of the pause button. Turn off the TV & STB.

When you are ready to resume = find the show on the recording list and select resume play & it will start up where you left off.

I tried this twice, just to be sure I had not fat fingered something on the remote. When I cam back to watch the show, the show was gone. Not only that all prior episodes of the series were gone.

I know this is not the automatice delete due to running low on memory. There are a lot of shows on the machine that are a lot older.

DO NOT DO THIS if you want to keep your recordings.

I've had UV for almost 6 years and I've not experienced what you describe nor have I ever heard of this behaviour.

What happened in your situation is HIGHLY unusual and certainly not the norm. 

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

10 years ago

It looks like your DVR is in the early stages of failure.  If you continue to lose recorded programs call TS at the phone number below.  Ask them to run a test on your service and let them know what is going on with the DVR.  They will send you a new one.  Unfortunately, you will lose all of the recorded programs.  I have experienced this several times.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.