bornconfuzd's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Thursday, August 23rd, 2018 10:14 PM

Is VIP2250 still being installed?

My VIP2250 was acting up.  After a tech chat through the my.att app and then 3 phone calls to Uverse tech support without resolution,

they decided a new DVR was necessary.  It arrived today and I was a little surprised to see another VIP2250. 

Is this box still a normal install?

I'm not upset or anything, just curious.

Thanks!

Larry

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Yes, they still use them.  I have use one myself. 

Incidentally, I think tech supports motto is "when in doubt, replace".  There may not have been anything really wrong with your dvr where the proper solution would have fixed it.   But no sense dealing with it now.  Just remember you will loose all your recordings with a new dvr (but not the scheduling).

Note also once the new dvr arrives you only have 21 days to return the old one.  Don't wait until the last moment to return it.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for the response _XYZZY_. 

Yes, we were sad to lose all our recordings but better that than the constant "freeze-unfreeze-freeze-unfreeze-freeze-unfreeze" that was occurring every couple of seconds. Change to another channel and back and it would be ok for 20 or 30 minutes and then start again. 

The new DVR has stopped that AND we both think the picture is.....clearer? Sharper? anyway, it looks better.  So there's that.

I was just a little surprised that they're still using this box since it's kind of long in the tooth tech wise. 

Thanks again, Larry

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Hey, it uses the same old (somewhat buggy) UI as every other uverse receiver model and stores recordings on it's hard drive.   So who cares how old it is so long as it does what it is supposed to?  Bigger hard drives of course might be nice though.  But I think they save those for gigabit fiber users.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Look guys,  I've had Uverse TV and Internet since 09/07, so 11 years.  This is maybe my third DVR in that time.  There have been 4 or 5 Gateway replacements in that time and the last couple have been newer tech.  I don't keep up with what all hardware Uverse is using and so was a little surprised at seeing the same model DVR as last time several years ago, that's all.

As I said in my op, not upset or anything, just curious.

You all have answered the question and satisfied my curiosity and I'm grateful.  Thank you!

Larry

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

My vip2250 is fried,  do I need to return it? The technician replaced it and left it at my house. I want to throw it away but do not want to be charged if I am suppose to return. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Bella098 wrote:

My vip2250 is fried,  do I need to return it? The technician replaced it and left it at my house. I want to throw it away but do not want to be charged if I am suppose to return. 

It is your responsibility to return it.  If not returned within 21 days of replacement, you WILL be charged.

Instructions HERE

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

No, it was replaced with a different unit and the original left behind. I would like to either send back or throw away. I was not given instructions to return. Taking precautions before is discard. Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

Model number is irrelevant.  It is leased.  It's not yours.  It needs to be returned.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Ok thanks
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.