chefg2's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, February 18th, 2013 9:49 PM

Ingress profile of 3SD/1HD?

Five days after new installation of VIP1225, I couldn't get two HD shows to record at the same time. So I looked for an answer in this forum. I found references to  ingress profiles of 2SD/2HD and 1SD/3HD, but nowhere a reference to 3SD/1HD. I then looked at my ingress profile, and it's 3SD/1HD. Why am I the only one I can find with that profile?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

chefg2 - If you have a 32/5 reading on the first two numbers you provided, which you do. That should qualify you for 4HD.

Send a PM to attcustomer care using this link to get the experts involved. They can either get it done or provide a more detailed explanation.
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Guru

• 

506 Messages

11 years ago

Mine is 1sd/3hd (ingress) and 0sd/3hd (egress). I would call att. Good luck.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Got a reply from Ryan to my PM, which I assume is what you call "Tier 2". He said the problem was fixed, and if it really wasn't, then to try "powercycling your receiver boxes". I tried multiple recording with HD, and am now up to 1SD/3HD. Quite an improvement. But nevertheless, I would still like to get the final HD.

I assume "receiver box" refers to my DVR, as opposed to the "modem" which redirects signals to the internet, phone, and TV. I interpret "powercycling" as basically unplugging the DVR for a minute, then replugging it in. The problem is that the DVR plug is plugged into a power strip at the back end of the cabinet under the TV. My recent major back surgery prevents me from getting on the floor and reaching in to the back of the cabinet. Is there any way of "recycling" using only the buttons on the front of the DVR? There is a sticker next to the power button that says "To restart, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds". I tried that before posting here with the initial problem, to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

OK, I'm now officially satisfied with 3HD recording, and I want to thank you for all your help. But my wife has one last question: why can't all inquiring questions. be answered by AT&T with "Tier 2" personnel, from the get-go? My only thought is that you would probably have to quadruple the size of the competent staff answering all the multitude of questions generated daily between the various uverse components (TV, internet, phone, wireless). I guess their internal analysis of this is that that cost far outweighs the estimated cost of lost customers who can't get the answers they need.

Thanks again.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

chefg2 Always remember - failures in business activities are managements fault.

at&t CSRs cannot provide answers because - They did not receive enough training - They do not have access to the critical information - They do not have incentives to provide solutions - They do not have a process to compile experience.

All management responsibilities.

I ws just looking at your last post again - I think the reboot would be for the RG (modem) that is wher the profile shows up. But, You seem to be on the right one & getting full service. It is just, the advertising that causees confusion. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.