chefg2's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, February 18th, 2013 9:49 PM

Ingress profile of 3SD/1HD?

Five days after new installation of VIP1225, I couldn't get two HD shows to record at the same time. So I looked for an answer in this forum. I found references to  ingress profiles of 2SD/2HD and 1SD/3HD, but nowhere a reference to 3SD/1HD. I then looked at my ingress profile, and it's 3SD/1HD. Why am I the only one I can find with that profile?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

chefg2 - No one can record 4 HD. The fourth recording must be SD. The fourth HD in the house - if you have 0/4 wan profile - must be watched on a non-dvr STB. This is why you install the DVR on the least watched TV.

Will the DVR pull out slightly? The power cord can be disconnected from the DVR end. It is on one end or the other (left or right).

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

chefg2 - The second half of the equation is the max rate. On your browser go to http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_1_0
Under DSL line the first line - User rate - what are the two numbers - Also, the next line - Max user rate - What is the number?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

aviewer

32096kbs  5048kbs

43183kbs

thanks, chefg2

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

chefg2 -
My first two are the same as yours & the third is only slightly higher - 45324 kbs.

I have 0/4 WAN.

Call in to get it changed. If they cannot do it, try again - ask for tier 2. If not successful you can PM the attcustomercare - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

So I just learn to live with it, knowing that I'm "special"?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

chefg2 - I do not understand your response & it appears you did not understand mine.

I am saying you need to ask att to change it. You can have 4 HD. Start wiyh a call in. If that does not work call again & ask for Tier 2. If that does not work send a PM here.

Do not give up.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Sorry, being new to this forum, I thought your response represented the official AT&T response, instead of being a private response.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

No problem, just want to make sure you get all the HD you are entitled to.
Post your progress.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@chefg2 wrote:

Sorry, being new to this forum, I thought your response represented the official AT&T response, instead of being a private response.

Though there are a few AT&T employees that post in here, this is a users forum and the majority of us are just users like yourself.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Talked to AT&T today, what I guess is called "Tier 1". The official explanation: "you are limited to 1HD/3SD because your residence is too far from the central office". Is that correct? Make any sense?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.