Darknessrise's profile

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

Wednesday, May 15th, 2013 1:54 AM

Ideal HPNA Power Levels?

Anyone know what the good HPNA power levels are like? What are the things such as 1 > 2? Also, how do I tell which "Station(Receiver?)" is which?

I did an "Extended Test" and got this:

Station to Station HPNA PerformancePHY Rate (Mbps)SNR (dB)Rx Power Level - dBPacket Error
1 > 211241.9-11.20  
1 > 311241.9-12.80  
2 > 112840.9-9.30  
2 > 311241.9-21.10  
3 > 112840.8-10.20  
3 > 211241.9-20.50  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

112 and above are proper PHY Rates, the only stat that really matters in HPNA connections.

To figure out which ones are which, about only way is to disconnect a connection and it would show up in the table.  That way you would then know which # is which location. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks 🙂

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

I'm guessing 1 > 2 means "doohicky 1 going to doohicky 2".  It would be a lot clearer to use something like "1 -> 2"

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

11 years ago

@snotnose wrote:

I'm guessing 1 > 2 means "doohicky 1 going to doohicky 2".  It would be a lot clearer to use something like "1 -> 2"

😛

No no, 1 is now greater than 2(Mind blown)!

I originally figured it just meant "From - to -" too.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.