Ideal HPNA Power Levels?

Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Ideal HPNA Power Levels?

[ Edited ]

Anyone know what the good HPNA power levels are like? What are the things such as 1 > 2? Also, how do I tell which "Station(Receiver?)" is which?

I did an "Extended Test" and got this:

Station to Station HPNA PerformancePHY Rate (Mbps)SNR (dB)Rx Power Level - dBPacket Error
1 > 211241.9-11.20  
1 > 311241.9-12.80  
2 > 112840.9-9.30  
2 > 311241.9-21.10  
3 > 112840.8-10.20  
3 > 211241.9-20.50  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 5 (1,185 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author Darknessrise
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Ideal HPNA Power Levels?

[ Edited ]

112 and above are proper PHY Rates, the only stat that really matters in HPNA connections.

To figure out which ones are which, about only way is to disconnect a connection and it would show up in the table.  That way you would then know which # is which location. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (1,135 Views)
ACE - Professor

Thanks Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Click "Post Options" and select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
Message 3 of 5 (1,115 Views)
Teacher

I'm guessing 1 > 2 means "doohicky 1 going to doohicky 2".  It would be a lot clearer to use something like "1 -> 2"

Message 4 of 5 (1,096 Views)
ACE - Professor

snotnose wrote:

I'm guessing 1 > 2 means "doohicky 1 going to doohicky 2".  It would be a lot clearer to use something like "1 -> 2"

Smiley Tongue

No no, 1 is now greater than 2(Mind blown)!

I originally figured it just meant "From - to -" too.

Message 5 of 5 (1,076 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.