gronar's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, January 12th, 2017 3:25 AM

Closed

Why can't I record more than 4 programs on this DVR?

We got this DVR when we upgraded to Gigapower.  The old DVR let us record 4 programs at once.  Isn't this one suppose to record 6 at once?  I can't even record 3 at once on it.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

@gronar and @curiouscat,  Gigapower is supposed to give you access to 6 HD streams at once (see here).

@gronar, check on the System Options what your Ingress setting is, then send a Private Message to @ATTU-verseCare with your Account Number, name and best way to contact you and ask them why you can't do 6.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

7 years ago

Doesn't matter your DVR'smake and model, you can only stream/record 4 shows at once.

Also, it also depends on your streaming profile (only the technical support team can answer/check this for you so you have to call them at 800-288-2020)

If your streaming profile says 4HD/0SD, it means you are allowed to record/stream 4 HD shows at a time. Anything more than that, you will get a message that will advise you to interrupt one of your TVs.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

7 years ago

Thanks @JefferMC!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks @JefferMC!  Private message sent.  My Egress only shows 0 SD/3 HD.  We could do 4 HD on the old receiver.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Support contacted me and fixed it.  My egress still shows 0 SD/3 HD in the system options (for whatever reason I don't know) but I have tested it and can record six at once now.  Thanks for the heads up!

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

Egress shows the number of streams that can be played back on other Receivers from the DVR.  I don't know that anyone can play back more than 4 streams (including one at the DVR).  Does Ingress now show 6?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.