For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
LittleRicky's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 19th, 2017 3:05 PM

I recently changed routers. Now my receiver won't pick up a wireless signal...

We recently moved and had U-verse installed.  I have since purchased a new router to provider better Wi-fi coverage throughout my house.  When setting up a new receiver on my TV, the onscreen instructions state that I should press and hold the WPS button on my Access Point.  However, I am not using the AT&T provider router so I no longer have an Access Point button.  

I am not able to access the menu options on my receiver.  I was hoping to be able to update the router from there, but I can't even get past this initial setup screen.  

Any suggestions?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

You cannot REPLACE the router provided by ATT. 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

As stated above for the att wireless receivers you must use the att provided router connected to the att provided wireless access point (WAP, little box you should have received when you got your wireless receiver).  The dvr must also be connected to the att router.  However if you want to use your own router for wifi you can connect your router to the att router for you internet access.  You would need to make some settings changes the the att router to do that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.