I have a question regarding AT and T Uverse DVR's?

Mentor

Re: I have a question regarding AT&T Uverse DVR's?

When I had mine hooked up I also had signal quality issues.

I was really impressed with how hard the installer worked to resolve the issues which were caused by a combination of my distance to the "VRAD" (2200 ft. approx.) and connection issues along the lines between my house and the "VRAD". The installer called for a lineman to come out and after a little wait and a few trips around the neighborhood the two of them resolved the issues and I was up and running.

Now for the sad part and a bit of a warning. If you are at a long distance from the VRAD and/or the wiring in your area is old you may have limited HD feed availability. Each house gets 4 feeds (as of now and as I understand things) but depending on the strength and quality of your signal those 4 could be divided up in any combination from (1HD/3SD) to (4HD/0SD). I started out as a (1HD/3SD) feed but as improvements have been made in my area I my signal is now (3HS/1SD) which I find more than adequate.

Once you are up and running I suggest downloading "Uverse Realtime", a PC program that will analyze your connection and monitor many aspects of your Uverse experience. Links to it are available in these forums and it can be highly helpful in resolving issues when dealing with technical support.

Once I started running it I was able to determine that my connection should support a higher feed than my original and by contacting Tier 2 (links also available here) and sending them my "realtime" stats they were able to upgrade my service.

Hope you enjoy your Uverse. Give yourselves time to get used to it and I am sure you won't go back to Dish.

Message 16 of 26 (5,659 Views)
Tutor

Well, there ARE other reasons. I record lots of stuff, and my wife doesn't want to waste time scrolling through all of it to find her shows.

Message 17 of 26 (5,613 Views)
Tutor

No, that's the price you pay for signing up with ATT. With Charter, you get a separate DVR for each TV.

Message 18 of 26 (5,613 Views)
Tutor

Sorry, but that's a lame answer. This has nothing to do with life in 1963.

Message 19 of 26 (5,612 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

Greyracer wrote:

No, that's the price you pay for signing up with ATT. With Charter, you get a separate DVR for each TV.

So, if you get a separate DVR for each TV, can you watch ANY recorded program on ANY TV?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 26 (5,607 Views)
Expert

I don't see separate DVR's for each TV as a plus.   I had that setup before.  You can't beat THDVR.

Message 21 of 26 (5,579 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

I gather you're replying to me?   That wasn't life in 1963, LOL, were you even born yet?

So, what exactly is your problem with UV?  I see 3 posts, none are quoting references to anything here.

And UV does have a DVR (technically) for every TV, except only one has a HDD. Smiley Wink  I had Cable with NO DVR, so I don't know what they did back in the *dark ages* for sorting recordings. 

I'm a DishTV customer for the next 2 weeks (not my crib), and they do have a Favorites List section where you can use colors to customize (do like that!), and options for Defaults--My Channels, My HD Channels, and All Channels.  Another section has My Lists--General, Local, Movie, Favorites.  Not seeing anything for each member of the household.  If Cable has something THAT advanced, I'd be surprised.  GOT SCREENSHOTS???

Greyracer wrote:

Sorry, but that's a lame answer. This has nothing to do with life in 1963.

Message 22 of 26 (5,574 Views)
Former Moderator

Hello everyone, let's remember to stay on topic and keep it nice. Thank you.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 23 of 26 (5,568 Views)
Tutor

Re: I have a question regarding AT and T Uverse DVR's?

Do not switch to AT and T. Best advice U can give you. Awful service with very polite employees who can do little to get your forever broken system working.
Message 24 of 26 (1,231 Views)
ACE - Master

Woah...digging up a 4 year old thread.  Thanks for the memories.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 25 of 26 (1,225 Views)

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this subject. The topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

Message 26 of 26 (1,198 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.