Caliboy101's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 4:55 AM

Closed

I have a question regarding AT and T Uverse DVR's?

My parents and I are switching to AT&T uverse from Dish Network. Everyone in the house is getting a DVR, but, I was wondering, if I have a dvr in my room, and, I record certain shows, will those shows show up on another TV in another room? Or will it just show on my TV? 

I'm not saying I will be recording adult type shows, I just don't want my brothers to make fun of me watching shows haha. Oh, and, not to add, I don't wanna deal with going through other peoples shows to find my shows. And any certain hours limitations on how many hours worth of shows you can record if everyone in the house counts as one. 

• 

25.7K Messages

13 years ago

So, tell her that you will not complain about her shows, and she does not need to worry about yours. Since we have netflix, we tend to not record stuff that is repeated like Phineas & Ferb, and as for Torchwood, those get repeated too much, and can be found through other methods.

If anything, I give my wife a hard time about her nine episodes of Hungry girl, and my son recording Deadliest warrior. Other than that, only other stuff we record, is when we have a overlap in shows at the same time, and that program is not going to repeat in the near future to catch again.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

All I can say is be glad you didn't live in a time when there were just the 3 major networks, and NO way to record shows. Smiley Wink

I find it a plus to see others' recordings because sometimes there is something I've wanted to see, but didn't record/find it myself.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

I hope this service is worth it. So far, the customer support has been bad.  The date to install it was today at 9:00am. The dude gets here around that time, so far, awesome. Then he comes in at about 10:00am, and tell us that we may have a problem that he isn't getting good enough signal so he has called for a truck to see if we have good connection or not, and if we don't, they will deny us for service and if we do, he'll be back later today. And before he left he said the car would be here around 12:00pm and after he was done the driver would come and speak to us to let us know. 

Let's fastfoward to 2:00pm, we have yet to hear anything at all. So, we call the original guy, and, he doesn't respond.  So we call our local office, and, after we wait on hold for 20 mins, a guy gets on the phone and asks what our problem is, we tell him and he says ''Okay, let me check for you. Give me a second.'' We are on hold for 15 mins. (I kept track!)   And he tells us that a car came around 11 and they approved us.  And asks us to hold again so he can contact the oringinal dude, so we're on hold for about 15 mins again.  Didn't keep track. He must have a hard time getting in contact with him, like we did, but he comes back and says that he will try to get us in tomorrow morning but he can't promise anything. So, we're now waiting here until tomorrow morning on the hope that the guy will come.  But he may not and we'll get a confirm schedule in the morning. 

Such a hassle! 

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

I gather you kept Dish connected? Smiley Sad

If you don't get a firm answer tomorrow, contact David here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/The-U-verse-Lounge/To-Contact-David/td-p/2381353

Or since you're already running into issues, you might want to contact him today.

Mentor

• 

65 Messages

13 years ago

When I had mine hooked up I also had signal quality issues.

I was really impressed with how hard the installer worked to resolve the issues which were caused by a combination of my distance to the "VRAD" (2200 ft. approx.) and connection issues along the lines between my house and the "VRAD". The installer called for a lineman to come out and after a little wait and a few trips around the neighborhood the two of them resolved the issues and I was up and running.

Now for the sad part and a bit of a warning. If you are at a long distance from the VRAD and/or the wiring in your area is old you may have limited HD feed availability. Each house gets 4 feeds (as of now and as I understand things) but depending on the strength and quality of your signal those 4 could be divided up in any combination from (1HD/3SD) to (4HD/0SD). I started out as a (1HD/3SD) feed but as improvements have been made in my area I my signal is now (3HS/1SD) which I find more than adequate.

Once you are up and running I suggest downloading "Uverse Realtime", a PC program that will analyze your connection and monitor many aspects of your Uverse experience. Links to it are available in these forums and it can be highly helpful in resolving issues when dealing with technical support.

Once I started running it I was able to determine that my connection should support a higher feed than my original and by contacting Tier 2 (links also available here) and sending them my "realtime" stats they were able to upgrade my service.

Hope you enjoy your Uverse. Give yourselves time to get used to it and I am sure you won't go back to Dish.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

Well, there ARE other reasons. I record lots of stuff, and my wife doesn't want to waste time scrolling through all of it to find her shows.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

No, that's the price you pay for signing up with ATT. With Charter, you get a separate DVR for each TV.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

13 years ago

Sorry, but that's a lame answer. This has nothing to do with life in 1963.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

13 years ago

@Greyracer wrote:

No, that's the price you pay for signing up with ATT. With Charter, you get a separate DVR for each TV.

So, if you get a separate DVR for each TV, can you watch ANY recorded program on ANY TV?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

I don't see separate DVR's for each TV as a plus.   I had that setup before.  You can't beat THDVR.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.