Caliboy101's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 4:55 AM

Closed

I have a question regarding AT and T Uverse DVR's?

My parents and I are switching to AT&T uverse from Dish Network. Everyone in the house is getting a DVR, but, I was wondering, if I have a dvr in my room, and, I record certain shows, will those shows show up on another TV in another room? Or will it just show on my TV? 

I'm not saying I will be recording adult type shows, I just don't want my brothers to make fun of me watching shows haha. Oh, and, not to add, I don't wanna deal with going through other peoples shows to find my shows. And any certain hours limitations on how many hours worth of shows you can record if everyone in the house counts as one. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

1 TV/person will have the DVR (only difference is it's a bit larger in size and has a hard drive inside).

Other non-DVR boxes, STBs, that all other TVs will have--they NOW have the same functions as the DVR.  (Pause/rewind live TV, schedule/cancel/delete recordings.)

All UVerse boxes do the same thing now, just the STBs are smaller.

There is no way to keep any other family members from seeing recordings.  Just one list, so the only time it becomes a problem is IF another family member records/watches the same program, then deletes it when they're through. 

Maybe they'll come out with personalized menus soon.

edit to clarify

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

With U-verse, there is only 1 Total Home DVR (THDVR) per household.  The other boxes will be non-DVR set top boxes (STB's).  With THDVR, programs can be recorded from any TV connected to U-verse.  Also, all recorded programs can be seen and watched from any TV connected to U-verse.

See the link below for the capacity of the U-verse DVR.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401561&cv=803&title=How+much+storage+capacity+does+my+DVR+have%3F#fbid=KrkWqW8Dpmo 

By the way, how may TV's will be connected to U-verse.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you for responding to me, sir.  🙂 

I'm sorry, for all the confusion on my post, we just heard that AT&T uverse was really good, and my parents basically made the decision to try it after months of bad customer support from Dish Network.  My mom told me that we would all get dvrs in our room, she must of misunderstood the AT&T representative she was speaking to on the phone. 

And we're getting 4 of them.

And, I have another question, are there any other DVR's avaliable that aren't total home dvr? Or is that the only thing that AT&T offers? 

Have a good night, sir! 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

13 years ago

I'll jump in here:

Total Home DVR (THDVR) is the only system that Uverse offers.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Well, that sucks. But thank you for responding. 

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

YW. 

We haven't had any mishaps here with one family member erasing another's recordings, but we mostly record different programs.

A LOT of new features have been added since I signed up over 4 years ago, so there's a good chance some kind of personal lists will appear one day.

Mentor

• 

97 Messages

13 years ago

@spd2demun wrote:

YW. 

We haven't had any mishaps here with one family member erasing another's recordings, but we mostly record different programs.

Surely there are other reasons why one might not want one's own recordings to be visible to others.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Maybe, but that's the price you pay for living with someone/others. Smiley Wink

• 

25.7K Messages

13 years ago

@Chuckles_2 wrote:

@spd2demun wrote:

YW. 

Surely there are other reasons why one might not want one's own recordings to be visible to others.

Really, and why would that be?  If you have something like recorded shows to hide, what else do you believe that you should hide from your significant other.  Personally, both my wife & I pay the bills, we both do not care what the other person recorded on the tv, so it really is not a problem with us.  With adult type programming, there is a reason that it is on late at night, and if you feel that you need to record, so be it.  It is not my problem, because what ever you do, does not affect what I do with my U-Verse service.

Scholar

• 

85 Messages

13 years ago

@gregzoll_1 wrote:
Really, and why would that be?  If you have something like recorded shows to hide, what else do you believe that you should hide from your significant other.

Well, in my case, I wouldn't say hiding, but there are shows my wife knows I watch but likes to give me a hard time when she sees them show up on the DVR.  An example would be Phineas & Ferb from The Disney Channel. 

I would be for "Personalized" menus so that it's not hidden but you would have to concientiously switch over.  I'm sure my wife would like it so she didn't have to sift through all my Torchwoods and "geek programming" to get to her "Greys Anatomy" and other programs I couldn't care less to watch

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.