For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Sqb1913's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 17th, 2018 2:38 AM

Closed

How to turn off sleep mode or power saver?

I like to leave my TV on for the dogs when I leave for work. I’ve noticed that after a few hours of not changing the channel, sleep mode or power saver kicks in. How can I turn this feature off?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

You can't turn it off.  It's part of the energy star requirements.  I think it's 8 hours, maybe 4.  How about using a radio?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I understand the requirement for Energy Star certification however, with the increasing reliance on home automation devices (security systems, door bells, thermostats, appliances, water detection, and timed events) a sleeping router can create some risk to home owners (including the disabled).  AT&T's router consumes ~288 watts over 8 hours (supposed sleep time) so at the rate of 12 cents/kilowatt, it saves about $1.00/month.  Also, almost all Energy Star devices have a certification tag, where there is none on the AT&T router. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

The ROUTER never goes to sleep.  Re-read the original post.  The OP is asking about a receiver, the box attached to the TV, NOT the ROUTER.  *smdh*

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I think i found a way. Back your show about 5 minutes before leaving or going to sleep! So far, my accident doing this has worked 3 nights now and the converter stayed on!

• 

1 Message

Doing this prevents it from going into sleep mode? I leave the tv on for my pet while I'm gone to work because sudden noises causes him to have seizures and my upstairs neighbors (Edited per community guidelines)!!

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

4 years ago

Sleep mode (turning the TV off) pertains to the TV itself.  The Uverse receiver does not have a sleep mode.  The Uverse receiver displays a screen saver if left dormant for a period of time but it does turn itself off.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Where does it come up with this slideshow that it shows? Couldn’t we at least have an opinion on what will be on the screen?

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same problem, and it causes problems almost every day for my home automation.

Honestly, this is ridiculous, and is going to spell the end for Uverse.  Why are we having to hack systems like this for features we can get on any other modern device?  Well, because the Uverse system and receivers are not modern - that's the main reason.

Message to AT&T:  please change this if you want to retain viewers.  Why don't you have a smart tv app for Apple TV like Spectrum does?

I just get frustrated by all these kludgey systems that we are stuck with in 2021 that were built for ideas from the 1990's and 2000's.  And the lack of action by the providers.

Former Moderator

• 

697 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @hthompson94

Thank you for sharing your concern.

As per AT&T Community Guidelines, we will have to close this thread, as it is 3 years old. We would request you to post it as a new conversation.

Have a great day!

Regards, 
AT&T Moderator

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.