Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How to turn off sleep mode or power saver?

Highlighted
Contributor

How to turn off sleep mode or power saver?

I like to leave my TV on for the dogs when I leave for work. I’ve noticed that after a few hours of not changing the channel, sleep mode or power saver kicks in. How can I turn this feature off?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎08-16-2018 8:16 PM

Re: How to turn off sleep mode or power saver?

You can't turn it off.  It's part of the energy star requirements.  I think it's 8 hours, maybe 4.  How about using a radio?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I understand the requirement for Energy Star certification however, with the increasing reliance on home automation devices (security systems, door bells, thermostats, appliances, water detection, and timed events) a sleeping router can create some risk to home owners (including the disabled).  AT&T's router consumes ~288 watts over 8 hours (supposed sleep time) so at the rate of 12 cents/kilowatt, it saves about $1.00/month.  Also, almost all Energy Star devices have a certification tag, where there is none on the AT&T router. 

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

The ROUTER never goes to sleep.  Re-read the original post.  The OP is asking about a receiver, the box attached to the TV, NOT the ROUTER.  *smdh*

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support