For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
auditguy51's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014 1:27 PM

How do you connect DVR to new wireless connection

Just added an Apple Airport Extreme to boost my wireless signal (btw it works incredibly well!!) but connect figure out how to connect my dvr to it.  Any ideas?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

auditguy51 _ What is it that you want to accomplish?

The DVR is TV & the AAE is internet. Different.

You say the AAE works. Do you mean you can access the internet?

I think you mean - When you connect a portable device through the AAE, use the remote or view programming live connected to the home network. To do that the AAE needs to be the same subnet as the RG.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Sorry, guess i was not very clear.? When I hooked up AAE dvr said it was not longer connected to the internet.? I went through the screen menu but could not see a set up option where you could connect to AAE.? Is there a particular button on the remote to use?

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

Your DVR needs to be connected directly to the UVerse gateway via Coax or a CAT5 ethernet cable. You shouldn't have it connected to the AAE.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

The DVR was never hardwired connected it is a wireless DVR

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

auditguy51 - The AAE not connecting to the internet is a problem with the setup on the internet side. It has nothing to do with the DVR.

The DVR (the one with the hard drive) is always connected to the RG hardwired. Other STBs that have DVR access/funcrtionality (.i.e. whole house DVR) are available wireless. This wireless is different than the internet wireless.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@auditguy51 wrote:
The DVR was never hardwired connected it is a wireless DVR

Then you're talking about the Wireless set top box (a small black box with green lights that look like a WiFi signal.

AT&T should have supplied you with a small wireless access box that is to be connected to your Gateway. Make sure that is still plugged in and powered up. Your STB needs that to get the TV signal. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

10 years ago

Oh... I wonder: Maybe he has a security camera DVR and he's not talking about his U-verse TV DVR?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

No just DVr still have 2wire active for dvrs just not showing as connected tried unplug plug of wireless. Still able to connect on computer just DVr not seeing it

Sent from my iPhone

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

Ok we're going to start from the beginning.

How many set top boxes do you have in your house?

How many are wireless?

Are you still getting live TV on the non-working box?

Look at this post. Does your non-working STB look like the one in the picture, is it more square, or is it grey? 

Also, you should have the access point somewhere in your setup for the wireless box. You can see a picture of it on that post as well.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.