Has the FF speed changed, recently?

ACE - Master

Has the FF speed changed, recently?

I have noticed that a single press of the FF key, seems to take much longer to go through a (presumed) two minute block of commercials.  Has anyone else noticed this?  The 2 press FF seems also to not be as fast as before.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 7
ACE - Master

Re: Has the FF speed changed, recently?

I just checked (I was watching a paused program).  My FF is 45 secs.

I believe some commercial blocks are closer to 3 mins.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
ACE - Master

Thanks for chercking.  The single press FF just seems to crawl.  Maybe it's just me and crotchety self.  

Message 3 of 7
Expert

Were you referring to the FF button or the FWD button on the remote?

Message 4 of 7
Mentor

Dhascall was referring to fast forward (single press), but skeeter was referring to something else entirely.

I am used to Tivo, and so I find FF (first stage) to be too fast. With Tivo I could navigate to almost the exact frame I wanted, and could still use the higher speeds for when I wanted to move more quickly. UVerse has no 'stop on a dime' speed.

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Master

Sorry.  Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Chuckles_2 wrote:

Dhascall was referring to fast forward (single press), but skeeter was referring to something else entirely.

I am used to Tivo, and so I find FF (first stage) to be too fast. With Tivo I could navigate to almost the exact frame I wanted, and could still use the higher speeds for when I wanted to move more quickly. UVerse has no 'stop on a dime' speed.

Skeeter, were you saying that it takes 45 seconds to FF through (at the slowest speed) a block of commercials?  If that is the case, then you were right on.  I was not referring to the 30 second commercial skip.  If that was the case, that isn't what I was asking.

I was asking if the FF speeds (>> >>> >>>>) have changed.

Chuckles_2: I actually do not miss having a stop on a dime FF.  I LOVE the rollback feature.

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app on your device.
It allows you to troubleshoot in the palm of your hand - quickly and easily!
You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support