For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
dhascall's profile

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

Thursday, January 13th, 2011 8:58 PM

Has the FF speed changed, recently?

I have noticed that a single press of the FF key, seems to take much longer to go through a (presumed) two minute block of commercials.  Has anyone else noticed this?  The 2 press FF seems also to not be as fast as before.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

13 years ago

I just checked (I was watching a paused program).  My FF is 45 secs.

I believe some commercial blocks are closer to 3 mins.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for chercking.  The single press FF just seems to crawl.  Maybe it's just me and crotchety self.  

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Were you referring to the FF button or the FWD button on the remote?

Mentor

• 

97 Messages

13 years ago

Dhascall was referring to fast forward (single press), but skeeter was referring to something else entirely.

I am used to Tivo, and so I find FF (first stage) to be too fast. With Tivo I could navigate to almost the exact frame I wanted, and could still use the higher speeds for when I wanted to move more quickly. UVerse has no 'stop on a dime' speed.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

13 years ago

Sorry.  Smiley Sad

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

13 years ago

@Chuckles_2 wrote:

Dhascall was referring to fast forward (single press), but skeeter was referring to something else entirely.

I am used to Tivo, and so I find FF (first stage) to be too fast. With Tivo I could navigate to almost the exact frame I wanted, and could still use the higher speeds for when I wanted to move more quickly. UVerse has no 'stop on a dime' speed.

Skeeter, were you saying that it takes 45 seconds to FF through (at the slowest speed) a block of commercials?  If that is the case, then you were right on.  I was not referring to the 30 second commercial skip.  If that was the case, that isn't what I was asking.

I was asking if the FF speeds (>> >>> >>>>) have changed.

Chuckles_2: I actually do not miss having a stop on a dime FF.  I LOVE the rollback feature.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.