chris92071's profile

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

Wednesday, March 28th, 2012 1:02 PM

Happy with U-verse; not happy with wireless receivers and hideious phone computer

Hi, moved over from cable to U-verse. I am very happy when the service works. Picture quality is great, and the whole house DVR an added bonus. I have one "problem" child on the wireless remote. I am on the third replacement in the main area and the symptoms are the same: Watch for a couple hours: solid Then the picture will start to flash black-TV picture-black then eventual solid black. Reboot, start over ... couple of hours: solid (repeat). I have a wireless remote in my bedroom: rock solid. The problem child has no RF interference: no microwave, no cordless phone, RG is in the next room. The wireless transceiver is in plain sight and about 20 feet (no walls -- clear path). Yet, this issue remains. Call 1.800.ATT.2020 and put up with that pathetic, hideous, and painful interface that adds insult to injury that I can look on line. Once AT&T techs come on -- again, great customer service. That computer is a PO S and should be an easier interface to talk with a live human being. As I wrote, I really am impressed when the system works. However, baseball season starts next week. I don't want to have a reboot, nor do I want to reboot prior to a game. Is/are there "hard-wired" receivers? I have asked for them in the past and everything has been replaced: RG, wireless receivers, gateway ... Technician is coming tonight. If this does not solve the issue, I must abandoned and go to either satellite or (gasp) cable. while this is more of a rant; suggestions welcome.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@chris92071 wrote:
BeeBeeSA asked: ~Ask the tech to hard wire it since you have so many issues?~

I have been since the install in February! I have requested it to be "hard wired" but was told the wireless is the best option. The wireless in my bedroom has been flawless. While that points to RF interference, there is "nothing" that can cause interference around the receiver: no microwave, cordless phone, the RG, nor neighbor's house. I am on a big lot and next door is about 75 foot to the house.

Is the TV in your bedroom also a Samsung?

• 

25.7K Messages

12 years ago

@chris92071 wrote:
BeeBeeSA asked: ~Ask the tech to hard wire it since you have so many issues?~

I have been since the install in February! I have requested it to be "hard wired" but was told the wireless is the best option. The wireless in my bedroom has been flawless. While that points to RF interference, there is "nothing" that can cause interference around the receiver: no microwave, cordless phone, the RG, nor neighbor's house. I am on a big lot and next door is about 75 foot to the house.

Yep for the installer!!  I would not let him/her leave until it is connected via hardwire.  They might try to pull the "I'm going to have to charge you" routine but you can always call customer service and request a refund due to your issues.  Tell CS this corrected your problem with "their" equipment.

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

12 years ago

Roger that on the component cables.

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

12 years ago

Not a Samsung, it is a Vizio; and in both cases in non-U-verse modes (Roku for Amazon and Netflix) they have not had an issue. The bedroom wireless receiver has not dropped a picture from day one. The ration to watching on the Samsung is about the same. Meaning 50 percent on the Samsung and 50 percent on the Vizio.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the info.  There was a reason that I asked about the brand of TV.  Some have reported issues with the wireless receivers.  When I ask about the brand of TV, Samsung is frequently mentioned.  I wonder if there is a compatibility issue with some brands of TV and the Cisco wireless receiver.

I read on the U-verse Facebook page that there are some known issues with the wireless receiver and that a firmware update is being developed.  No ETA was given for the release of the update.

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

12 years ago

Is that same issue with component (the three color) you described on the Samsung? With the brand identified, that makes the most sense.

Oh yes, if you have any extra steak knives .... I could use some. Thanks.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

Are you running the audio through the HDMI to the TV or separately (toslink) to an audio receiver? If it's the latter, does the audio drop when the picture does?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

12 years ago

Yes. Audio drops via toslink.

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

12 years ago

One addition. Have a hard wired receiver. No noted issues. With the power box and receiver no noted issues. I hope all installs are easier than this. Service has been great; but frustrating getting it right.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.