mcheck14's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 8th, 2013 1:10 AM

HDMI video range - Black Crush

Hopefully somone can help me out here. This black crush issue is driving me crazy. After much research it seems as if the Cisco isb7500 and 7005 boxes send out RGB 0-235 instead of the standard RGB 16-235. Why in the world would they design it like this?

Any how, I have an Epson 5020 projector in the basement with hdmi in the wall so running the component cables is out of the question. I can change the range on the projector to extended but it throws off all the colors and disables certain features. 

Is there any way to get these boxes to broadcast the 16-235 range through HDMI like every other cable provider does? It has been extremely frustrating since switching from TWC to get a decent picture.

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

10 years ago

I happen to stumble upon this thread, and have to say that this has saved me from taking a bat to my tv.  I have a Toshiba 55 inch LED.  Since the day I got it I just could not get the settings right for the picute. Tried everything, even a calabration disc.  

Well, just got a Samsung plasma, and same issue.  Then I see this post and decide to try hooking box to TV by component.  What a difference!!  I can make detail out in the dark parts and bright colors no longer look over saturated.  Wish AT&T would fix the issue so we could use HDMI and get a properly formatted picture,

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I am getting ready to switch to component cables.  It is so frustrating that AT&T is unwilling to address the problem with the HDMI black crush.

Mentor

• 

84 Messages

10 years ago

Anyone with TV2 client version: 2.4.29140.22 ? Is the hdmi still dark or corrected with the latest update?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@shaee wrote:
Anyone with TV2 client version: 2.4.29140.22 ? Is the hdmi still dark or corrected with the latest update?

I fixed it w/a Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery, but next time the 2250 rebooted, it had the crushed black problem again. Smiley Mad

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Mentor

• 

84 Messages

10 years ago

Which TV2 client version are you on? I tried the non destructive recovery, it appeared to fix it but it's back now.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

I have not gotten the upgrade yet.  Currently my DVR can not connect to ATT servers and is giving me a red X. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Mentor

• 

84 Messages

10 years ago

I may have fixed it, unplugged the dvr then unplugged the RG for 20 sec. Plugged back the RG, waited for the green lights then plugged back the Dvr. Colors are rich without the skin tones being affected negatively.

Still on the 2013 TV client firmware, fyi

Update: no it's not fixed, just watched a night club scene, totally dark.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.