aimeekate's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, March 26th, 2013 10:45 PM

HDMI error/H1005 -hdcp link integrity check failed

I am having problems with my TV signal only when I turn it on for the first time. Blinks on and off, eventually gives me the blue screen with HDMI error/H1005. I have talked to tech support many times and have a new box with same issue. If I unplug the box and reboot it I finally get a picture. Everything is hooked up through my Yamaha receiver.  I have changed HDMI cables out of TV and out of box to receiver. ATT support thinks their equipment is fine. Seems to me if unplugging it makes it reboot and work fine it is their problem. Any suggestions??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

This HDMI integrity check is a lie and a bunch of crap. I can take this box upstairs right now and it will work in the bedroom. Its not my hdmi cable or box, its ATT checking to see if its really A VALID BOX WHEN THEY ISSUED THIS BOX WITH THIS MAC id AND SERIAL NUMBER WHEN WE SIGNED ON. Guess what, we NEVER MISS PAYING OUR BILL, AND WE HAVE EXCELLENT CREDIT. IF THIS DON'T STOP ON MY TV'S WE WILL LEAVE YOU WHEN THIS CONTRACT IS COMPLETE IN ABOUT 6 MONTHS BECAUSE WE ARE SO SICK OF LOUSY EQUIPTMENT AND SPYING ATT! (ACCORDING TO THE NEWS) SNOWDEN WAS CORRECT ABOUT YOUR SPYING PRACTICES. SO TRY LEAVING US ALONE, OK??? I FINALLY BOUGHT A 10 DOLLAR HD ANTENNA AND HOOKED IT TO THE TV ALSO. GUESS WHAT 33 CHANNELS AND NO BILL FOR IT AND WE PAY YOU FOR WHAT-WHEN YOU DECIDE TO CAUSE ME TROUBLE. I JUST SWITCH THE CONNECTION TO THE ANTENNA. EVERYTIME I CALL THEY WANT TO FIND A REASON TO COME IN MY HOME. JUST TRY GIVING SOME GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR A CHANGE, SMH! SO SICK OF IT, I MAY JUST SWITCH TO ANTENNAS ON ALL OF THE TVS BUT THE MAIN ONE AND YOU WILL LOOSE MONEY! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT ATT????

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

Thank your Congress for the DMCA, which provides for such wonderful DRM solutions as the HDCP (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandwidth_Digital_Content_Protection) which is what your STB and the TV are negotiating when you get this error.

Often you can try switching HDMI input ports on your TV, changing to a better (though not necessarily more expensive) HDMI cable, or maybe even unplugging your Set Top box and your TV and then plugging them back in one at a time and letting them sync back up nicely.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

For you to say it is never the dvr box is absolutely wrong. Explain why the picture goes blank and a HDMI error msg is displayed, turn power off dvr, then on pic returns. HDMI cables have been switched with other tv with same results.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

We have no way of determing if there is a physical problem with the STB, the TV or the cable. Or, if it is a software processing/timing problem. Each is built to a "standard". Each may meet the standard, but be far enough at the extreme to not work with the other.

You can try to bring them closer to working together by trying different inputs on the TV, using the shortest cable possible, turning up in different order. All of these may or may not work.

The one sure cure, is to eliminate the cause of the problem & switch to component cable.

Former Employee

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I experienced an HDMI error on our tv in our bedroom.  Swapped receivers, and went to component cables as well with same issue.  The At&t technician did a test to check for interference.  Turned out the DVR in the family room was the culprit.  He swapped it out and now no issues.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Sorry, but the response from the ATT employee on this issue is not acceptable nor correct.. The problem IS the ATT receiver. I had the same issue/error with a brand new ATT receiver. No matter which HDMI cable I tried, the error always showed. The HDMI cables worked perfectly with other ATT receivers I had in other rooms in the house. So, again, the problem IS the receiver. Also, you cannot suggest a client to go spend money on an old-fashion Component cord, the box has to work with an HDMI cord, especially if the cord is brand new and works with all other ATT receivers in the house.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@italiano7711  But you never showed that it's happening on another TV in your house.  Most cases it is the TV that is having problems w/HDMI.

To prove it's the STB, have to move another TV in or move the STB to another TV and see if it still gets the HDMI error.  It's a known fact some TV companies scrimp on HDMI implementation and that's causing the problems. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Really? ATT's solution is to tell the customers not to use HDMI with their equipment at all? I have never experienced HDMI errors or conflicts with any of my other devices. It seems to only happen with ATT's STBs. If ATT's hardware cannot handle the "tv static" or interference from HDMI, why do they even have an HDMI on the back of their STBs? It's more than likely an anti-piracy measure to deter U-verse customers from recording U-verse TV to their own personal equipment.

Using component cables is not an option for me because I rely on HDMI for both digital audio and video. I have an extremely limited amount of digital inputs on my audio receiver. The digital audio signal from the HDMI to allows me to have all of my AV peripherals on the same audio channel of my audio receiver. If I were to use component cables, it would require me to either have a digital input on my audio receiver solely dedicated to the U-verse STB, or run the U-verse audio as analog stereo. Neither of which is ideal for my situation.

As a U-verse customer, I pay for a service that is supposed to provide me with digital HD video and digital audio. I do realize that U-verse, along with most TV providers do not broadcast in full HD, but the least that ATT can do is allow it's customers to connect the U-verse STBs to their own devices using the method that works the best for them. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have tried doing this for the past week, everything you said. I had a sony 4k tv. I returned it. I now have a samsung q7 tv and it is doing the same thing. i have a yamaha 207 sound bar that will fine with an older model samsung but not with the 4k. I have spoken to yamaha and sony and samsung and all of them say it it the signal coming in from the box and century link says it as well. I have purchased new 4k hdmi cables as well. . If I reset the box it will work. If I shut off the tv for about 30 minutes and turn it on it will come on flashing H1001 code. It seems to me that the cable satelite companies are creating the problem.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I had the same problem.  Unfortunately, I've got a 1st Generation (from 2004) old Plasma on the wall; which only came with 1 HDMI input.  My problem was an HDMI Switch (5 input) that I had hooked up.  If I go around the switch, I don't get the error.  Horrible; because now I cannot use my FireTV!  I'll have to try to figure something else out...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.