aimeekate's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, March 26th, 2013 10:45 PM

HDMI error/H1005 -hdcp link integrity check failed

I am having problems with my TV signal only when I turn it on for the first time. Blinks on and off, eventually gives me the blue screen with HDMI error/H1005. I have talked to tech support many times and have a new box with same issue. If I unplug the box and reboot it I finally get a picture. Everything is hooked up through my Yamaha receiver.  I have changed HDMI cables out of TV and out of box to receiver. ATT support thinks their equipment is fine. Seems to me if unplugging it makes it reboot and work fine it is their problem. Any suggestions??

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

i'm a uverse tech in ohio and have come across this numerous times. If you get an HDMI error, it is NEVER the set top box, NOR your TV. It is the HDMI cord itself. The reason is because the hdmi cord will lose its integrity from being bent and unplugged. ALSO, the hdmi cord backfeeds static from the TV into the set top box. The best way to take full advantage of HD and maintain a quality service, is to ditch the HDMI cord and go to Component. Component cords are the Green Blue and Red cords. No you will not lose the quality of HD, because TV providers broadcast at a maximum of 1080i. Never 1080p. Hdmi cords are absolutely useless unless you are using them on a blueray player watching a blueray disc. 

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

aimeekate - What is make model of TV?
Sounds like out of synch on the HDMI.
Try direct to TV - Then turn on TV first, then STB.
Same with receiver - Turn on TV first, then rcvr, then STB.

Connect TV using component instead of through rcvr. Leave rcvr connection in place for audio.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

If you still get it when changing hdmi cables with known good ones, you can always go with Component. Sounds like it is a issue with your TV, if just running the UVerse box to it only. If there is a Soundbar, or Home Theater unit in between, or even a matrix switcher, need to know this info.

Give as much info as you can on your setup, you are also welcome to use Google Sketchup or Windows Paint to make a graphic of how everything is setup, which makes things even easier.

Looks like we have discussed this issue in the past http://forums.att.com/t5/Receivers-Battery-Backup/HDCP-link-integrity-check-h1005-failed/td-p/2197883

BTW, the Utalk.com site is no longer up, so do not worry if you get an error message by clicking on accident on the link. There is also this link that explains further http://www.homecinemabanter.com/showthread.php?t=68161

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

aimeekate - Another thought - Does the TV have the feature to use the HDMI interface to turn on both devices when one is turned on? Check to see if it is active % deactivate it.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

This is how it is set up. We paid someone a year or so ago to mount TV run cables through the wall and connect everything.

TV hdmi to Yamaha receiver. Out of receiver to cable box, DVD. Everything was fine for a long time and then it started with the blinking on and off for several minutes and finally got picture and sound. Once I received the new cable box it blinks on and off but I get the blue screen with error message and the only way to get a picture is to unplug the power and restart it will reboot and work. This is so frustrating. I don't want to use composite cables it is just too many wires and confusing for this old lady. Thanks for your help.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Samsung. How do you correct being out of sync. 

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

aimeekate Re: How do you correct being out of sync. - Change the order and timing of start up - as a I suggested.

Do you have another STB/TV? swap the STBS .

Try another HDMI port on the Samsung.

while testing connect directly to TV.

Try different power up sequence TV first, then STB.
Leave a few seconds between each power up. i.e. do not use auto power on remote.

Did you look for that auto start feature on the Samsung? if you want me to tell you how to look you need to tel me the model number.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

If it is going through you AV receiver still, then that is your culprit. What is te model number of it? Most AV systems have a reset function on them, to set back to factory settings, then you just go back and set it back up for quick settings, room adjustment, etc.

To find out if it is the avrs, unhook the cable on the out side, that goes to the tv, and plug in the set top to it, to see if it still happens. If it does, then that is your bad hdmi cable, or the av system went bad , if the cable works.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

UN46B7100

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Also, I am using a RF Harmony 900 remote if that matters.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.