Rangerk9's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, July 21st, 2014 3:50 PM

HD DVR Crashing

The HD DVR is crashing, I thought it was TV and was all set to replace the 7 yr old HDTV. One day it was fine the bext day the Live and recorded image was piexelated,delayed,static,cut in half. Thevery old from more than a year ago were fine. The box serving my VCR was also effected since it recieved the signal from the HD box. The VCR tapes were fine. So it was not the TV but the stupid box!!!!!. I just saved Hundreds of $$$$$.

Now I am told a new box will be sent out,but this will erase my previous recordings,Right? It is NOT so surprising that the technician failed to mention this. I wonder how many people reconnect their boxes thinking the shows will still be on the new DVR after the old DVR was returned?

I have a good VCR/DVD recorder as far as VCR's go- a Panasonic DMR-EZ485V.  It has a HDMI AV OUT connection unlike our TV with no HDMI connections.

The connections available on VCR :RF input/output, Audio/Video output terminals (DVD/VHS COMMON OUT) , AUDIO/VIDEO input terminals, S VIDEO input S VIDEO output terminal, Audio/Video output terminials (DVD PRIORITY OUT), DIGITAL AUDIO OUT, COMPONENT VIDEO OUT terminals.

So is there a way to transfer the numerous DVR recordings from the DVR that are good to a VCR tape?

Thanks

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Rangerk9 - Yes, you can play your recordings into the DVR. Of course, that is best done when everything is working right.

You can use any output from the DVR or any STB that matches the inputs available. That is -

COAX, analog chan 3, component/audio, S-video/audio, composite (yellow)/audio. audio is red/white.

If you have a TV connected HDMI, it may bea good idea to disconnect the HDMI at the STB because the feedback from the TV could give a letterbox picture or block the recording.

Guru

• 

506 Messages

10 years ago

Been there, done that and it sucks. My vip1225 never acted up but was limited on gb. My 2250 rocks but it failed after 6 months and lost everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The series recordings remained from att or the cloud which was cool. 

There is no way currently to download or upload recordings. None. Apparently their working on cloud storage as automatic back up.

Feel your pain. 

My d.v.r. failing was the dreaded blinking power light and the intermittent boot up. Painful.

They swapped boxes with new within two days and updated my gateway as well.

All good now and has been for awhile. Good luck.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I tried to hook up the DVR to the VCR with the COAX component connections,I did not have a HDMI cable .Nothing but black screen, I even tried to change the ANT in /out cables around from TV to the VCR- nothing. I could not record from ther DVR!!!!

I then rehooked up everything back and my original Att cable box for the VCR worked as usual so I do know what I am doing. Oh and I had to reprogram the VCR everytime I switched the inputs. So I just watched all the shows and wrote down info I wanted to keep. I also wrote down all the series show info and schedules that I was told I would lose.

After switching the boxes and adjusting the box for HD signal I checked the settings for series and schedule for curiosity. Low and behold all the shows I watched by series were listed and the schedule was maintained. Att lied about that and I wasted alot of time copying that info! 

I am curious would the shows I archived have transferred over  to new box also since the DVR was not bad ! I erased them since I was told they would not transfer over.

I had to switch boxes because the signal reception was terrible and intermittant

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Rangerk9 - The recordings are on the hard drive and disappear when tat is replaced.

The series setup is a a central processor & is applied to the new DVR. Same as any other customizations you may have made.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.