GUID

Contributor

GUID

Hello, does anyone know where I can find the GUID on a uverse receiver?  I can see a Serial Number and a MAC number, but nothing else . . .

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: GUID

So maybe I know what you're talking about, what would you do with the GUID?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Employee

The GUID is the really long number on the bottom of receivers and DVRs.
It is the physical device number assigned to your account for inventory purposes and would be used to add, delete or clean a misconfiguration.

The number is in hexadecimal form with both numbers and letters a to f, will be broken up in a series with hypens.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Thanks for responding . . . I ended up finding the number below (and MUCH smaller!) the SN and the MAC. The reason I needed this number is that I was asked to return one of my boxes to ATT and they referenced that number saying it was an identifier for the one to return . . . they gave me no instructions as to where I could find this number.  Thanks again -

Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Thank you!

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app on your device.
It allows you to troubleshoot in the palm of your hand - quickly and easily!
You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support