For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ghosthost407's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, August 1st, 2015 12:30 AM

Extra dvr/reciever cost

I'm wanting to get an extra receiver for my roommate so he can watch tv in his bedroom. How much extra is it per month for an additional dvr receiver on top of the one I already have in my living room?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

9 years ago

You can only have 1 DVR per account. Additional receivers are $9 per month. Easiest thing to do is order a wireless receiver. One time charge of $49 and then $9 a month. The wireless receiver can also be connected by cat5 cable to the RG. If you order a regular wired receiver you'll be charged $99 for install and around $54 to run the cat5 cable for it. The wireless stb is delivered by mail and you install per instructions in the box.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Ok one more question. We have a box/reciever in our living room. I spoke to someone and they told me that for an extra box for another room would be $35 a month. What box are they referring to?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

We don't have any special channels like HBO or anything. We have one receiver in the living room. So basically if I wanted to add another receiver for my roommate in his room it would only be $9 more per month. I would just have to connect/sync the new receiver to the modem we have now right.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

Perhaps HBO/Cinemax was offered (and priced) when you inquired about the additional box.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

OK real reason I'm asking all these questions is I am the roommate. When we got our service cable and Internet/WiFi we got one receiver box for our TV in the living room. My friend said if I wanted cable for the TV in my bedroom it would be an extra $35 a month for another receiver box. But it should really only be $9 a month to have cable in my room. I think I'm being ripped off here. 😕

Guru

• 

921 Messages

9 years ago

They will not charge you $35 for a box. Your friend might have been talking about Time Warner.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

I like the previous provider theory - Cable companies charge about $35 for an HD box. Or, once did. That would be what comes to mind for a quick answer.

Hopefully, as the process exposed actual costs, you would pay actual cost.

If you are feeling that you are not paying fair share, you could ask for an audit - Maybe call it a Reagan - Trust, but Verify.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@ghosthost407 wrote:
Ok one more question. We have a box/reciever in our living room. I spoke to someone and they told me that for an extra box for another room would be $35 a month. What box are they referring to?

@ghosthost407, pricing information is available on line. 

Locate that information on the ATT website and show it to your roomie.  This is what we would call 'a come to Jesus meeting'.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@ghosthost407 wrote:
OK real reason I'm asking all these questions is I am the roommate. When we got our service cable and Internet/WiFi we got one receiver box for our TV in the living room. My friend said if I wanted cable for the TV in my bedroom it would be an extra $35 a month for another receiver box. But it should really only be $9 a month to have cable in my room. I think I'm being ripped off here. 😕

From the website:

Wireless Receiver: A one-time fee of $49 and a monthly recurring fee of $9 per wireless receiver apply. Wireless from the Wireless Access Point to the Wireless Receiver; power outlet and separate connection of Wireless Receiver to TV is required. For residential use in a single household only. Limit of 2 Wireless Receivers per household. Customer responsible for use of Wireless Receiver. Actual range of wireless signal will vary and may be limited by several factors including, but not limited to electromagnetic interference, home construction material, obstructions, and other environmental factors.

Perhaps your friend is trying to profit from this arrangement.  Smiley Mad

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

8 years ago

@skeeterintexas

"Trying to profit?"  How is that possible, assuming both have access to the bill.  I know that "I" would check the bill every month!

chiefdore

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.