Ethernet port on the STB's

ACE - Guru

Ethernet port on the STB's

Is the ethernet port on the STB an inbound or outbound connection? Could I connect a blu ray player to the STB and get updates to the blu ray player? If it won't work, I would have to connect the blu ray player to the router, correct?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 17 (7,484 Views)
ACE - Guru

Re: Ethernet port on the STB's

Thanks. It won't be connected to the main DVR. It will be connected to one of the other STB's.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 17 (6,683 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author browndk26
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Ethernet port on the STB's

browndk26 wrote:
Thanks. It won't be connected to the main DVR. It will be connected to one of the other STB's.

I'd say go for it. it's how I have 2 of my blu ray players and my PS3 connected to the home network.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
Message 17 of 17 (6,669 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.