Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Does the remote turn off the UVers receiver

Highlighted
Tutor

Does the remote turn off the UVers receiver

I thought the first time I turned off my TV and the receiver turned off. The internet gateway wired connection light went out. I have looked for a way to program the remote and receiver but can't find any except for the TV and audio. The remote works for guide and other features. I don't think it's a good idea to leave the TV downloading all night. I have had to push the power button on the receiver but that doesn't turn it off. Thanks for the help Mel

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Does the remote turn off the UVers receiver

The att remotes do not require any programming to control the dvr or receiver.  Programming is required however to also control your tv's on/off, volume (sometimes mute too), and possibly input select.  Read the remote's user manual on how to program it.   If you don't have the manual you can download the appropriate pdf from here.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Tutor

That does not answer my question. I must have gotten too long. Again does the remote turn off the receiver along with the TV. If I turn the TV on the channel is still available and viewing. Mel

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert

Again does the remote turn off the receiver along with the TV.

And again the att remote will always be able to turn off (or on) the dvr/receiver.  It will only turn off (or on) the tv if the the remote is programmed correctly (and if you keep the remote pointing at the dvr/receiver and tv) long enough to send the IR code to the tv - about a second or two).   I don't see the confusion here.

If I turn the TV on the channel is still available and viewing.

Yes, but that has nothing to do with actually turning it off in the first place.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
Tutor

Ok I am using the S30 point anywhere remote. I said no lights turn off when I turn the receiver off. It does put the screen saver on the TV but the receiver seems to be downloading data. One of the post said it was fixed but didn't say how. I 

Message 5 of 7
Tutor

I've had the screen saver going for about 40mins now and no sleep. The remote did blink the power led twice before it turned off the TV. I don't see any att mode buttons. Do I need to call about this because I do have another wireless problem with answering a call while on the lock screen. It will answer a call if I have an app running on its screen. Mek

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by melp1209
‎05-20-2019 10:38 AM

I said no lights turn off when I turn the receiver off. It does put the screen saver on the TV but the receiver seems to be downloading data. One of the post said it was fixed but didn't say how. 

When you turn the dvr or receiver off the only light that will go out is the power button light.  The green link light will always remain on.  The blue HD light will be on if it thinks it's got a HD connection.  The red record light will be on (even on the receivers) if the dvr is currently recording a program (doesn't matter that the dvr/receiver power light is off).   If the tv is still on when only the receiver is off (power light off) then yes, you will see the screen saver on the tv.

If all this time if that's what your "problem" was then there never was a problem!    That is the correct behavior.  How do you expect the dvr to record programs if they are scheduled when you are not actively using your dvr?

If you want all the lights out then disconnect the power adapter from the dvr/receiver.  Of course you do that and it will miss recording anything scheduled during that time and the dvr/receiver will take longer to come up when you reconnect the power adapter because it has to reboot.

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support