Linda661's profile

Scholar

• 

247 Messages

Sunday, November 18th, 2012 4:16 PM

Do I have to cancel my free promotion?

I've been enjoying the 3 month free promotion for HBO/Max.  It expires 11/24.    Do I have to call and cacel or will it just expire on it's own?

l am also wondering if there is a free weekend for Thanksgiving. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

It will expire on its own, and the pricing will go back to the normal price. As for Thanksgiving, those without the 450 package will get everything, those with the 450, it will not affect them.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Re-read what I posted. And no you do not need to call, just log into your Uverse account at http://www.uverse.att.com and remove the package after the promo expires if you no longer want it.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Linda661 - The idea of a promotion is to get your regular business. So, billing starts after the promotion unless you cancel before the end of the promotion.

I have seen two posts saying there is a a free TG WE.

Scholar

• 

247 Messages

11 years ago

OOps....I think you gave me conflicting answers.  Do I have to call or not call?????

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

@Linda661 wrote:

OOps....I think you gave me conflicting answers.  Do I have to call or not call?????

Call 'em....trust me...  Call ASAP and tell them to make the cancellation effective 11/23. 

You'll still get the free Thanksgiving weekend programming.  Everyone does.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@Linda661 wrote:

I'd call, as the promo is there to get you to continue and then you'd lose the credit as you are already being billed then credited. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

I would call since usually a CSR on the phone might be able to get you a different promotion that you wouldn't get if you removed it online.

Scholar

• 

247 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for your suggestion but the reason that I don't like to call is because they always try to talk me into adding things to my account.  I was hoping to take care of this on-line.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I want to cancel my free promotion that expires on 9/18/16

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.