tylerbonezjonez's profile

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 16th, 2013 10:11 PM

Deleting multiple recordings

Is there a way to delete multiple recordings at once? Like I wanted to delete 4 episodes of Duck Dunasty today and I had to go into each one and delete them, is there an easier way to do this? I'm used to pushing the red button on my directv remote and being prompted to delete is AT&T set up like this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@tylerbonezjonez wrote:
Is there a way to delete multiple recordings at once? Like I wanted to delete 4 episodes of Duck Dunasty today and I had to go into each one and delete them, is there an easier way to do this? I'm used to pushing the red button on my directv remote and being prompted to delete is AT&T set up like this?

There are 2 method that can be used to delete multiple series recordings at once:

1. Method 1:

-  Press RECORDED TV button on the remote

-  Highlight the series recording that you want to delete

-  Press the DELETE button in the lower left hand corner of the remote

-  Press OK to delete recordings

2. Method 2:

-  Press the RECORDED TV button on the remote

-  Scroll over to Series

-  Page down to find the series recordings you want to delete

-  Press OK

-  Select Erase recordings and press OK

-  Press OK to erase recordings

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

11 years ago

No, sorry.  You'll have to delete each program individually.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

tylerbonezjonez - If you recorded all the episodes under the same series & there are no other episodes in the folder that you do not want to erase, select the folder and use the delete button (bottom left) to delete the whole folder. If there are other episodes & you need to delete them one at a time, the delete button is a little faster than the menu method.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the help, I am new here and new to the tv side of AT&T but have had Internet for quite sometime. Any neat things the AT&T devices can do? Real techy guy here

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

You can login to the Uverse website and manage your DVR. From there, you can do a multiple select and delete items much easier than through your DVR interface.

Employee

• 

581 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you dsmith2001, here is some additional information to help getting started with  U-verse TV service.

starterguide.bmp

SadathCS

ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Yup, ATT UVerse support said "no we do not provide the abilty to do mass recordings"

the advocated method on this forum of highlighting a recording and 'hititng the delete button to the left of the zero' only deletes one show at a time

This product is very immature

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I meant to type "mass delete of recordings"

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

To add insult to injury, the Manage DVR feature on att.net is even worse, you still have to delete the shows one at a time and it takes even longer than clicking that stupid remote.

This is a really immature product.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Ok, I think I see the problem.

The prescribed treatment "click the delete button to the left of the zero"

appears to work IF you have not deleted the series from your series recording list - when I do that with an active series I get the "delete 'N' recordings' where N is an integer > 1

Clearly a UI/System bug

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.