Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: DVR turns off by itself

Contributor

DVR turns off by itself

I leave my TV on for my dog during the days and it seems the cable turns itself off after some hours. I always come home and the box is off. How can I change the setting so it stays on longer or all the time? 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎12-01-2018 2:00 PM

The uverse boxes, to be energy star complaint, turn off after 8 (or is it 4, never remember that one) hours.  It cannot be disabled.

Use a radio instead.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Do any streaming boxes allow infinite viewing without shutting off?

If an AFTV stick doesn't have a timer, it's a cheap solution for the OP need .

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Scholar

Try Netflix.  You can set it to start another program after the first on finishes.  Also you can use Pandoro and it will play until  you turn it off.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support