Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DVR turns off by itself

Highlighted
Contributor

DVR turns off by itself

I leave my TV on for my dog during the days and it seems the cable turns itself off after some hours. I always come home and the box is off. How can I change the setting so it stays on longer or all the time? 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎12-01-2018 2:00 PM

Re: DVR turns off by itself

The uverse boxes, to be energy star complaint, turn off after 8 (or is it 4, never remember that one) hours.  It cannot be disabled.

Use a radio instead.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Professor

Do any streaming boxes allow infinite viewing without shutting off?

If an AFTV stick doesn't have a timer, it's a cheap solution for the OP need .

75/20 Mbps VDSL2 connected Arris BGW210 gateway in IP Passthrough to Orbi RBK50 in Router mode

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Scholar

Try Netflix.  You can set it to start another program after the first on finishes.  Also you can use Pandoro and it will play until  you turn it off.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support