cmo7011's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 3rd, 2014 2:19 AM

DVR pausing and freezing

I have two receivers.  This is a problem that occurs with the second receiver.

When I set up a recording and hit "Record," it pauses for several minutes.  If I press any button on the remote, it says "The DVR system is working.  Please try again."  When I attempt to delete a recording, it will freeze up when I press "Delete."  The menu screen only goes away when I turn the receiver off.

I have restarted both the receiver and modem a few times before, but this has no effect.  The problems persist.

Another thing I notice: sometimes the recordings will be listed as "No Info Available" instead of the program titles.

Has anyone experienced a problem like this before with their DVR?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks very much, this fixed the problem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I tried every solution on the website in the trouble shooting section, and this. I cannot get my U-Verse to stop freezing. It happens the most on our main wired-in receiver. Please advise.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hey @CourtSport, we're sorry about the service interruptions you are experiencing with your DVR. We'd be glad to help you diagnose the issue and make the recommendations to resolve this. Check out this Troubleshooting DVR thread for some steps on resetting your device.

Start with the Power Cycle (which is simply unplugging and plugging), then you can move to the Non-Destructive Recovery. If you are still experiencing issues with you DVR after that, perform a Disaster Recovery. Performing the disaster recovery will revert the device to its original factory state so it will remove recordings on the device.

***If the issue still persists after doing these, please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

Keep an eye on the envelope.png at the top right corner of your screen for a response

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

i do not have a reset button

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

4 years ago

@davej6  Pull the power cord from the back of the DVR/STB/Gateway.  Wait 20 secs. and return power cord.  This will reset your equipment.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I HAVE  VISION PROBLEMS SO USE CAPITALS, NOT "SHOUTING"  JUST CANT SEE WELL.

MY TV FREEZES, THEN STARTS AGAIN. IT SEEMS TO BEGIN WELL, AFTER HOUR OR TWO, BEGINS TO DO THIS AND I I DO NOTHING  IT ACCELERATES AND CRASHES.  

I WAS TOLD TO UNPLUG AND I HAVE DONE THIS TWICE.  IT SEEMS TO HELP BUT  THE PROBLEM CREEPS BACK IN. YOU SAY THAT LEAVING RECIEVER UNPLUGGED FOR AWHILE WILL ALLOW TIME FOR IT TO BE UPDATED?  I DID THAT TWICE.  IT HAS BEEN BETTTER BUT AGAIN AFTER HOUR OR TWO, GET FREEZES?  I WAS ALSO TOLD TO CALL TECHNICIAN.  I DID THAT AND GOT REMOTE HELP WHICH WASNIT MUCH. I HAVE HAD 3 PEOPLE COME OUT. FIRST WAS A WHIZ, SECOND A KNOW NOTHING, HAD MEMORIZED RESPONSE, THIRD WAS OK.  HATE TO DO THIS SINCE IT TAKES TIME, CAN'T PINPOINT TIME IF TECH WILLCOME OUT.. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.