Linda661's profile

Scholar

• 

247 Messages

Tuesday, January 24th, 2012 6:53 PM

DVR not recording the reruns

I've had this problem with other shows before and I can usually figure out how to make the DVR record the right shows.  Not with Iron Chef America.  I have always had the series set up to record first and reruns so I always have one to watch.  Now, it is only recording the new shows no matter what I do.  Of course I could select them manually, but I'd rather just have them tape in the series folder.  It comes on the food Network.  Can someone else try setting up first and reruns and see what you get?

thanks

Linda

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Ok, I just created a similar series recording on Food Network - East (channel 452) as Any day, Anytime and First run and reruns.  The same 2 episodes were scheduled to record.

I also see a lot of Iron Chef America reruns on the Cooking Channel (channel 456).

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

Unplug the ac cable from the RG for 30 seconds and reconnect it.  After it finishes booting do the same thing with the dvr.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

I went to the Guide for Food Network HD (channel 1452) on 1/28/12 at 9:00 pm CT for the next new episode of Iron Chef America.  I created a series recording as First Run and Reruns.  The results were the selection of 2 episodes:

01/28/12  9:00 pm (new)

01/28/12  10:00 pm (rerun of 1/22/12 episode)

The 1/22/12 and 1/28/12 episodes are the only episodes that I see in the Guide for Iron Chef America on the Food Network HD.  I also see a number of repeat episodes on the Cooking Channel HD (channel 1456).

Scholar

• 

247 Messages

12 years ago

I don't use HD. Please try it with the regular channel. All episodes come on the one channel only. Mine is 453.

thanks

Scholar

• 

247 Messages

12 years ago

Wow...I guess they moved the reruns to the cooking channel. I love cooking shows, but the Cooking Channel doesn't have many good ones so I haven't been looking there. I didn't notice. I will set up another series for the other channel.

thanks

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Good luck!

Guru

• 

650 Messages

12 years ago

Remember, as well, that the "smart record" feature of the DVR will skip a rerun if it's already in the recorded programs. So, if you set up a series for your Iron Chef, "Any day, any time", and "First run and reruns", and the new episode runs at 9pm but reruns at 1am, the 1am showing won't be recorded if it's sitting there unwatched from the 9pm recording. However, let's say you watch it, and on Sunday afternoon, they do a mini-marathon that includes that newest episode. The DVR will schedule it to record on Sunday, along with the previous reruns. But once again, in that situation, if you still didn't watch it, the Sunday rerun would NOT be recorded.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.