cocksy's profile

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

Monday, November 26th, 2012 2:59 AM

DVR keeps starting and finishing half an hour early missing half the program I want to record!

Hi There,

I'm having a really weird problem with my DVR. I have a number of series set up for series link, and Glee and The Mentalist  keep having the same problem. Essentially, the recording seems to start 30 minutes before the show starts, and the recording finishes 1 hour after it starts; which is half way through the show.

This has happened a umber of times, and I've tried resetting the box, and re-scheduling the DVR.

Any ideas why this is happening and how I can fix it?! Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Usually it's because football has gone over the scheduled time on the guide.  If your talking about this past Thursday the Dallas game went long so X factor started 30 minutes late and ran 7:30 to 8:30, and ran into Glee so if you had Glee set up to record it recorded 30 minutes of X factor, and only 30 minutes of Glee because according to the guide Glee was supposed to end at 9:00.  

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

Ah, OK.

It just seemed weird that this has happened a number of times previously, and alway only overruns for 30 minutes.

I guess the AT&T guide isn't clever enough to realise there is a change to the schedule then? So the only way to ensure that the entire program is recorded would be to add at least 30 ins onto the end of every single recording of mine, just in case it ahpens to be after a fotball game that is longer than the schedule??!!

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Yes that's correct.  Usually the only time football effects recordings is on Sunday's.  The Thanksgiving day game on Thursday is of couse not the norm.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

@cocksy wrote:

Ah, OK.

It just seemed weird that this has happened a number of times previously, and alway only overruns for 30 minutes.

I guess the AT&T guide isn't clever enough to realise there is a change to the schedule then? So the only way to ensure that the entire program is recorded would be to add at least 30 ins onto the end of every single recording of mine, just in case it ahpens to be after a fotball game that is longer than the schedule??!!

No other providers guide does this either.  If there is sports on before a program you have scheduled to record a good rule of thumb is to add additional time to the end, I typically do 30 minutes or more depending on the sport in front of the program.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

No other providers guide does this either.  If there is sports on before a program you have scheduled to record a good rule of thumb is to add additional time to the end, I typically do 30 minutes or more depending on the sport in front of the program.

Maybe not in the USA, but back in the UK they do!! 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.