For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
chuckgraham1949's profile

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

Saturday, September 13th, 2014 8:31 AM

DVR jumps to current time

I've just received a replacement VIP2250.  Self installed 4 days ago.   

There is 87% space available to record. 

There's really no rime or reason, but if I've watched "live" TV say for half hour or less and hit the pause button for five or ten minutes, then resume watching......within another ten or fifteen minutes I get a message the DVR has "jumped to live TV". 

I've had this happen on another VIP2250 and got so sick of it, they sent me another one.  That replacement could not be turned on when off for over an hour.  Had to hard boot it.  Got sick of that and now have this one. 

If you've had this or know the fix, please respond.  Or if I just need to get another DVR, let me know. 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@chuckgraham1949 If the DVR functions are still not working, try a Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery.

Unplug the power cord of the DVR from the wall or from the back of the box and wait ten seconds. Plug the DVR back in.

When three white dots appear on the screen, unplug the DVR again. Repeat this process two more times.

Plug the DVR back in on the third time and leave in. Three white dots appear followed by a gear with a status bar at the bottom of the screen.

If the Disaster Recovery screen does not appear, repeat the steps above. If the Disaster Recovery screen appears, wait until completion.

If the Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery does not work, follow the steps for a Force Disaster Recovery

Will not erase recordings, take a long time, can be upto 20-30 mins or so. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATTUverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

10 years ago

Chris

Thanks for the reply.  Tried that while on with T/S.  Didn't work.  Also did what I call in my words a full factory reset ( power cord plug in and out 4 times ).  That didn't work either, or I wouldn't be here. 

I've looked at the entire forum, and seen a few others with this issue without my seeing a fix.  Guess it's a failure in the box.  By the way......after the full factory reset, I lost the ability to "pause" live TV for several hours.  It did come back, but still get the problem.  Still about 87% free space on the recording time.  Trusting my memory here but thought the 10% space on the drive is reserved to give all the option of pausing live TV.....heard it 60 minutes but also heard its 90 minutes. 

Sometimes I with I could get an old VP1225 again.  Never needed the larger HDD.  Shame

Thanks

Chuck

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

Don't wish for that, I had a 2250 that died after a year and the tech didn't have a 2250 on the truck and I was stuck w/a 1225. 

Got the dreaded wait for 30 seconds for Recordings to come up, so you press it again and finally comes up and goes away immediately cause it was pressed twice.  Just the general sludginess w/the 1200 series.  Can't do much w/10-14M of memory compared w/the 2250's 40+M of memory. Smiley Mad

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATTUverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

This bug comes and goes. It's one of those things that they know about and they're trying to fix, but they don't know when they'll have a fix.

Yes, it frustrates me too. If you search, you'll find much older threads.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

With all due respect, there seems to be a lot of bugs with Uverse. I just found this "community" this weekend while trying to resolve another issue. The same three or four issues I'm having repeatedly are mentioned on here too. Uverse is a very frustrating product.

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

10 years ago

Shame.  This is one of two problems I've had for some time.  On my 6th DVR in past couple of months.  This latest one when plugged in, all I got was a hugh red X.  Had to "hard boot" ( my words ) by unplugging power cord 4 times to reset it to factory settings.  Every single time I turn it off it goes into "sleep mode" ( my words again ), and I have to reset with power button, or hard boot it.  VERY frustrating for sure. 

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

If anyone is still having this "In order to record or view live TV on the DVR receiver, this TV has jumped to live TV", I may have hope:

This past Saturday, I upgraded my old and faulty 2Wire 3800 RG (modem) for a NVG 589. Since then, I've watched a lot of TV on a "delayed" basis where I pause for a few moments, watch delayed and fast-forward through commercials.

So far, exactly as it should be. Smiley Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.