jasmicbru's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, February 7th, 2015 11:57 PM

DVR freezes during playback

It's happening too often to be nothing. Everytime we watch a recorded show or pause/play anything, it will freeze up and message pops up that playback is teporarily unavailable. I've read that there's no fix for this problem...how can that be? Anyone get there's fixed???

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

@jasmicbru wrote:

It's happening too often to be nothing. Everytime we watch a recorded show or pause/play anything, it will freeze up and message pops up that playback is teporarily unavailable. I've read that there's no fix for this problem...how can that be? Anyone get there's fixed???

Do a soft reboot of your DVR by unplugging it, waiting a moment and plugging it back in. 

A soft reboot can solve many DVR problems.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@jasmicbru If the reboot doesn't fix the problem, try a Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery.

Unplug the power cord of the DVR from the wall or from the back of the box and wait ten seconds. Plug the DVR back in.

When three white dots appear on the screen, unplug the DVR again. Repeat this process two more times.

Plug the DVR back in on the third time and leave in. Three white dots appear followed by a gear with a status bar at the bottom of the screen.

If the Disaster Recovery screen does not appear, repeat the steps above. If the Disaster Recovery screen appears, wait until completion.

If the Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery does not work, follow the steps for a Force Disaster Recovery

Will not erase recordings, take a bit of time or so. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Skeeters reboot suggestion is a good one. Here is another thing you can try.

Many years ago I found my replays freezing. I did not get the message you get. But, they may have added that since.

I got to thinking that it was running into a bad spot on the hard drive. So, I just saved the show, instead of erasing. This blocked the bad spot to prevent it from coming up on new recordings.

It worked for me, but may not be your problem. If you have more than one bad spot, you may need to save more than one show.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks. I'll give these suggestions a try. It even happened while watching a PPV movie last night that we intentionally didn't pause. VERY annoying. Seems like a lot of time to spend on a new box that was installed in Nov' 2014. Cheers!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Pay per view is a different animal. It could be your service(RG or line) or the line from the RG to the STB or the STB.

The recording problem could be the line from the RG to STB or the STB.

It could be one problem or two.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.