kymillie's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Monday, July 15th, 2013 7:38 PM

DVR Scheduling questions

Two things - 1. Scheduled DVR recordings start 2 minutes early and extend for 2 minutes after show is over. How can I fix that? 2. Also how do you extend a show's recorded time in case there is a sporting event that runs over and causes network shows to start later than schedule.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

kymillie - Number one cannot be changed. That is the way it is.

Number two is on the recorded record under change settings - looks like it is under series info on a series record.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@kymillie wrote:

Two things - 1. Scheduled DVR recordings start 2 minutes early and extend for 2 minutes after show is over. How can I fix that? 2. Also how do you extend a show's recorded time in case there is a sporting event that runs over and causes network shows to start later than schedule.

Actually, the "soft padding" is 1 minute prior to the scheduled begin time and 2 minutes after the scheduled end time.  The soft padding will not be applied if a conflict would occur which would cause a scheduled program not to record.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks.. #1 What a bummer, very irritating #2 Found it but guess it only applies to series settings. BUT I found another spot to record just one show and you can extend it there also. Handy if we know there is a sporting event that might run over into schedule time of a show OR if we want to record a game ourselves and it might go overtime...

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@kymillie wrote:
Thanks.. #1 What a bummer, very irritating #2 Found it but guess it only applies to series settings. BUT I found another spot to record just one show and you can extend it there also. Handy if we know there is a sporting event that might run over into schedule time of a show OR if we want to record a game ourselves and it might go overtime...

Every live sportinig event of any type, I add additional time, none of them stick to the scheduled time. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

Re punching # several times, also helps just to say "speak to an agent" or "speak to a representative ". Gets you to a human quickly. I am new to U-Verse and really like it better than our previous cable provider, except for a couple of little differences.

✰*⌒*✰‿✰*⌒*✰‿✰*
Millie, from my iPad
✰*⌒*✰‿✰*⌒*✰‿✰*

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

11 years ago

After a while, you get used to the soft padding. It's actually somewhat handy, as even pre-recorded stuff (prime-time shows, TNT movies, etc) can run over by a few seconds. If it stopped right at 12:00 or 3:30 or whatever, I would have missed a lot of endings of various shows.

I do agree that it can be a pain if you have 45-50 shows saved...that's a lot of time that is wasted.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I looked at the upcoming scheduling on my DVR and I saw a scheduling conflict coming up.  See below

140309-Schedule conflict.JPG

Once Upon a Time is set to record at 8:00pm and is scheduled to end at 9:00pm.   Since all shows are HD (including walking dead) I know that I am supposed to be able to record up to 3 HD shows at the same time.   Except for a one  minute overlap - at most only two shows will be recorded in a time slot.  Is the problem because for one minute at 10:00pm there will actually be 4 shows scheduled because of the overlap because of the scheduled hard end time for Walking Dead and Resurrection?   Is there a way around this?   I am not sure we will be home to do a manual correction.

Thanks for any help offered

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

The Walking Dead is the problem, it actually ends at 10:01, you could manually record it to end at 10:00 and all the shows would record properly.  Good luck 😉

Edit:  Could record the later running of the same Walking Dead and everything would then record too.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

9 years ago

It is indeed a BUMMER!  It also shows the lack of concern for the customer.  Here are three more related issues.

1.  If a show gets pushed back due to a sporting event, you lose!  I have set such shows to record an extra hour and that usually captures the whole program, but wastes an hour of recording time until I view and erase.

2.  Today (Saturday, 1/10/15), I tried to confirm I had the four playoff games scheduled using http://uverse.com/uv/guide.  It showed today's first game being recorded on MUN-TV, rather than the network.  I could not change it!  So, I had to go to the TV DVR and make the correction.

3.  Sundays games are both scheduled for 12:00 Noon on the DVR!  That means the late game will not be recorded.  However, I came back to my PC and the two Sunday games are each scheduled to be recorded at the proper times.

I hope to be able to watch the games tomorrow live.  However, I will schedule whatever show the DVR indicates will be on when the games are scheduled.  I know the NFL releases its schedule late, but this is ridiculous.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Absolutely ridiculous, I agree.  Sadly, I've learned to double check which programs actually end up in the "scheduled" queue.  You can't just press "record episode" because the application ignores the actually program you selected from the guide, and offers up the first in some group of related programs.

For example, I selected the AFC championship game next week.  When the confirmation window popped up, just selecting "Record Episode" ended up scheduling the NFC championship game -- different time, different channel.

Also, when I selected tonights SportsCenter at 11:30pm on ESPN 602, the confirmation window defaulted to this afternoon's SportsCenter at 4pm on ESPNews 1604.

[I may go see "The Imitation Game" to get some pointers on incomprehensible algorithms]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.