For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
keiferb's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, April 5th, 2014 3:44 AM

DVR Freezes During Playback

Whenever I playback one of my recorded shows on my DVR sometimes the audio will stop and then about 3 seconds later the playback freezes and there is no way you can fast forward or skip foreward. It doesn't seem to be any certain shows or at any certain point during playback that this happens. It's just completely random.

I've tried rebooting everything and it hasn't helped and seems to be getting worse and more frequent.

I have the ISB7500 Cisco DVR.

Anyone else had this problem?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

My second Box has been skipping on recorded playback for 3 years. It has gotten worse in the last months. It skips on both HD and Regular programming. I have upgraded to a better HDMI cable. I have had both my main and second box replaced, and I just changed to Fiber from ATT. They gave me a new main box with Fiber. I have restarted both boxes multiple times, with no resolution to the problem. I read on an ATT suport page there's a problem with the boxes, and they're alledgedly changing them out January of 2017. Is this true and if not, is there a fix? 

Desperate! 

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @moose_goose,

We apologize about the issues, but we will be glad to help. We have not heard any news of changing to wireless. If possible, try swapping the boxes around. If it has the issues in the new location, then it is the box. If not, then we know it is a wiring issue. Let us know how it goes.

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I've had the same DVR freezing issue for months, and have been on the phone with AT&T support many times.  The latest is they can't diagnose the problem while we are experiencing brief service interruptions (lasting only seconds apparently), and the service interruptions are expected to be fixed in the next 48 hours.  Seems like one excuse after another...

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @alantsmith262,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you on this issue. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi

I performed the Non-Disaster recovery and still lost ALL MY RECORDINGS. 

You should warn your customers accordingly and let us decide if we want to lose our recordings

Awful experience

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.