asdooly's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 3rd, 2014 3:46 PM

DVR Capacity

I am about to order service online and am curious about the DVR capacity. I know the U300 and above come with the newest and higher capacity DVR. I thought I read somewhere that the U200 also came with that same DVR when getting HD. I could have read that wrong though. Will you please advise if the U200 also comes with the higher capacity DVR?

The only post I could find about this is from August so things could have easily changed since then.

Thanks!

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @010248a,

You should not have to pay the fee if there was no upgrade. If there are any problems, I will be happy to get it fixed. I will send you a private message, so we can assist on this account specific issue.

-David T

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

David T.,

Please send me a private message.  The $105 upgrade charge showed up on my new bill.  Thanks.

Tom B.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I was also charged the $105.00 fee. Also, I was told that I was to receive the DVR Pace IP8010 with a max of 330 HD hours, while I received the Cisco ISB7500 with a max of 169 HD hours.

I was told that I could still use my old DVR to watch the shows which I currently have on it. Now, when I plug the old DVR in, it says "Account unavailable". "This set top box does not match the account settings". Now they want to send out a technician to figure it all out. I said that for now, I will try by myself. They also gave me a new modem, which later, they said that I do not need. And today, with all of my problems, they said I should probably hook it up. What ?!?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

You can only have one DVR hooked up and on your account. 

I'm sorry you were misinformed.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@rfm1213rfm  Old DVR needs to be taken to UPS and returned, no longer on your account or accessible.  One of the RGs will have to be returned too.  Otherwise they willbe charging you for these items.

https://forums.att.com/t5/U-verse-Account-Questions/How-to-Return-U-verse-Equipment/m-p/4287959

😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I was told by AT&T that I could plug either the old or the new DVR in. That way I could watch my shows before sending the old one back. They even extended my return time so I could do this. I have all of this in writing too, nice thing about live chat. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

8 years ago

@rfm1213rfm wrote:

I was told by AT&T that I could plug either the old or the new DVR in. That way I could watch my shows before sending the old one back. They even extended my return time so I could do this. I have all of this in writing too, nice thing about live chat. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Chat agents make stuff up as they go along.  I don't think they have the power to give an extension.  The U-verse management system will only allow one DVR in your home.  The RG and every receiver in your home should normally be rebooted when you change the DVR out anyway.

I'd tell you to PM one of the customer care groups, but there's nothing they can really do to change it now.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.