shiarua's profile

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

Friday, April 15th, 2011 1:37 AM

Couple questions

Getting a new TV soon and need another set top box. Had a few questions though

I know the STB is around $50 for the hardware and a $7 fee per month for adding a STB (correct me if I'm wrong). We pay for U450 with HD programming. We only have 1 HDTV in our house. That is the TV the main STB is on. The other two are standard def televisions. Do I need a special STB to be able to play HD programming on my new HDTV, or are they all the same? The STB in my room has Hdmi, so I assume it supports HDTV.

As far as adding another room, with this extend my contract?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

All DVR/STBs are HD-ready.  The boxes will work on SD TVs as well.  Yes, the box will work with your new HDTV.

It is $7/mo. for an additional box.

There are not any other fees that I know of, unless they are charging you for a truck roll? (the $50 equipment fee you mentioned)

I don't think it will extend your contract, but call Sales and make sure.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for the response. Technically i am not under contract right now, but I'd rather not put myself into that position if I have to pull out due to the b/w caps. We will have to see where that goes. I have no problem giving ATT my money as long as they arent trying to screw me over.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

13 years ago

You may be able to get a new STB without a truck roll.  I know I recently replaced a bad STB and didn't have to have anyone come out to change it.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

13 years ago

^thanks

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Let us know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

13 years ago

Sure thing. I'm going to try to pop into the ATT store today.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.