Couple questions

Teacher

Couple questions

Getting a new TV soon and need another set top box. Had a few questions though

I know the STB is around $50 for the hardware and a $7 fee per month for adding a STB (correct me if I'm wrong). We pay for U450 with HD programming. We only have 1 HDTV in our house. That is the TV the main STB is on. The other two are standard def televisions. Do I need a special STB to be able to play HD programming on my new HDTV, or are they all the same? The STB in my room has Hdmi, so I assume it supports HDTV.

As far as adding another room, with this extend my contract?
Message 1 of 7 (959 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author shiarua
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Couple questions

All DVR/STBs are HD-ready.  The boxes will work on SD TVs as well.  Yes, the box will work with your new HDTV.

It is $7/mo. for an additional box.

There are not any other fees that I know of, unless they are charging you for a truck roll? (the $50 equipment fee you mentioned)

I don't think it will extend your contract, but call Sales and make sure.

Message 2 of 7 (956 Views)
Teacher

Thanks for the response. Technically i am not under contract right now, but I'd rather not put myself into that position if I have to pull out due to the b/w caps. We will have to see where that goes. I have no problem giving ATT my money as long as they arent trying to screw me over.
Message 3 of 7 (951 Views)
Highlighted

You may be able to get a new STB without a truck roll.  I know I recently replaced a bad STB and didn't have to have anyone come out to change it.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 4 of 7 (923 Views)
Teacher

^thanks
Message 5 of 7 (914 Views)
Expert

Let us know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7 (898 Views)
Teacher

Sure thing. I'm going to try to pop into the ATT store today.
Message 7 of 7 (895 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.