scorewell's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, January 10th, 2014 3:50 PM

Controlling second DVR with Slingbox

I got to DVRs from U-verse so that I could control one remotely via my Slingbox and watch the other in the home. I was able to isolate the signal so that I can control channels and normal viewing, but the DVR operation is combined for both DVRs (the recordings are stored together and two separate recorded shows cannot be watched at the same time). Anyone know if there is a way to isolate this?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@scorewell wrote:
Only because I share with my daughter - DVR in US - I Sling to Turkey...

@scorewell - I'm not really sure what your question is.  Paraphrasing: Someone in the US, has U-Verse and two boxes, one DVR and the other a non-DVR STB that can access the DVR.  You (or another person) wants to be able to remotely watch the U-Verse system in Turkey.  That can definately be done with a Slingbox.  User @oufanindallas does this.

@scorewell - please use the Quote button, it shows who/what you are replying to.  Welcome! Don't be a stranger on the forums.

I believe scorewell is answering baseballisback's implied question "why would you want to have separate program listings?"  It is because he records programs he wants and his daughter (using the slingbox) has different interests.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.