For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
RiverDweller's profile

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 8:14 PM

Continuous banner bottom of screen

My dad turned on uverse TV this morning and now has a continuous banner at the bottom of every channel. The banner is advertising for yahoo finance, hulu, flicker, youtube...
This us very anyone as the banner blocks the news banner on the bottom of the page. When he talked to the ppl at uverse they told him in order to remove this ad banner the community has to request it. This is ridiculous we already pay for channels that have advertising, why add to it with a continuous ad banner?
Is there a way for him to get ride of it or is Changing his tv service provider the only way?
He has already tried to reboot by unplugging, no good.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

7 years ago

You did fine posting the picture.  And by looking at it I can pretty much guarantee you that your TV is generating that strip at the bottom of your display.  You will need to go into your TV's menu and disable it.  Those could be on something called "Demo mode", or in the past have been called "Yahoo widgets" or Visio Internet Apps (or here)

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

WOW!  That's a new one.  Is it on EVERY channel, both local and pay channels or on specific channels?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

7 years ago

Does your dad have U-verse Basic?

Can you send us a picture of it?

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

7 years ago

The community has to request it? Hmm. Weird. If you have multiple TVs, are all of them affected?

Is this a smart TV by any chance?

I saw one before where he could see "update TV settings" in the backgroud while watching a regular programming. 

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, the ad banner on the bottom of every channel.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

We're going to need to see a pic of this phenomenon.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

What brand of TV does your Dad have?  I was just looking (Googling) this issue and someone stated that on their Samsung, there's a "store demo" setting and a "home" setting within the TV settings that caused a banner at the bottom of the screen.  Changing from demo to home made the banner go away.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

7 years ago

@RiverDweller wrote:
Yes, the ad banner on the bottom of every channel.

Why, out of all the questions we asked in this thread, did you only choose to answer this one? 

Again, please provide a picture.  Please provide the brand/model of the TV.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

He pays for all the channels, he doesn't like to see something he can't watch.
Nope, I thought about it but forgot. It's gone now, it was like a test subject?

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

Only 1 tv, not a smart tv.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.