For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ParentGrands's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, November 5th, 2016 7:30 PM

Connectiong Visio TV and U-Verse box to Samsung Blue-Ray DVD Player to

I purchased Blue-Ray DVD player to add to our kitchen TV. The Vision LED Flat Screen only has 1 HDMI connection in the back that is connected to the U-Verse box.
Can I disconnect the HDMI from the U-Verse box and re-route it to the DVD player? Or will that cancel out the U-Verse receiver?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

If you only have one HDMI, run the HDMI from the DVD player to the HDMI connection on the TV.

Run component (R/G/B) from the Uverse box to the TV.  This is acceptable for HD viewing.

You'll use your TV remote to switch between HDMI to Component depending on what you want to watch (DVD or TV).  It will probably be called "Input" on your remote. 

HDMI --> DVD

Component --> Uverse

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

7 years ago

You need a HDMI switch.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

To employee:
I then would disconnect the HDMI from the U-Verse box and connect that to the DVD Player? The TV has only one HDMI connection, but has the component connection. Does it need to be connected to 5 colors or just what is available?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

7 years ago

No, the U-verse connects to the TV with the HDMI. The blurray will be connected to the TV with the component cable (5 colors) nothing from the uverse needs to be connected to the bluray.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

DVD player only has a HDMI connection, Coax connection and a LAN connection. Instructions say to connect HDMI from DVD to TV. SO doing the component 5 wire will not connect to the DVD player. I need to connect the DVD Player to the TV and the U-Verse box. DVD player is Wireless and has already been set up with password connection. But had to disconnect it from DVD and reconnect it to U-Verse box.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

So I have only 1 HDMI on the TV and only 1 on the DVD player. Maybe the switch will do, unless there is another solution to hooking this DVD Player

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

7 years ago

If the uverse has component outputs use them to connect to the TV, then the HDMI from the bluray to the TV. If the uverse doesn't have component outputs then the only option is the HDMI switch.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you! The component hook up to Uverse and HDMI to DVD worked!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

7 years ago

You are welcome.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

I use an HDMI switch that has 4 HDMI ports and you plug the output on the tv and connect other devices to the switch it works fine.  I have a simple switch and have to change the input on the switch. The do make the more expensive switches that change automacticlly depending on the switch you choose.  Just google HDMI switches and choose the one you want.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.