tavara6's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, January 20th, 2012 11:50 AM

Cisco wireless receiver known issue with playback of recorded content

The wireless STB has a known issue that T needs to address. When viewing recorded content, either SD or HD, the message "Press OK to See Your Recording" appears about every 5 minutes in a white box at the bottom of the screen. The only way to rectify is to press OK, which brings you to the recorded content menu. You then have to select the show you are watching and press Resume Play.  Im returning this box for a refund.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Well I have two brand new wireless receivers and both have to be rebooted 2 or three times within four hours of use.   All of a sudden the picture just flickers and no function is available so I have to reboot.   Sometimes the receiver is really locked up and holding down the buttone will not work so I have to unplug it to restart it.   Both receivers have five bars and until the flickering starts they work fine?   Sounds like a software issue that needs to be tweaked. 

Kevin M

[Subject edited to reflect inclusion into topic]

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

We just got AT&T U-verse this past weekend.

Our boxes (2 of which are wireless) tend to reboot at odd times.

We have NOT experienced the white banner when playing back, but the reboot portion is a problem.

I've seen the idea about replacing the cable between the residential gateway (RG) and the STB, but what about replacing the cable between the FG and the wireless transmitter?  Or are those the same thing (I see STB as set top box, in this case, the wireless receiver).

We've also had the hardwired DVR do reboots at odd times.  With this rebooting, we've also had cases where the playback (OnDemand OR DVR'd shows) will be playing back, then pause for a few seconds, then resume playing. 

I DO have an internal network using a Cisco E3000 router with N capabilities using the 5Ghz frequency. Should I ensure they are far apart? If so, how far?  I know another wireless router on the home network isn't fully supported with U-Verse, but that isn't an option - I need the N wireless.  If their RG's had WirelessN, I'd be ebaying this E3000. 🙂

Has anybody had this random reboot?  Could it be a case of patches being downloaded (since it IS MS-based) and having to reboot?  This has occurred in the evenings mostly, but it HAS happened during the middle of the day.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@skimblz wrote:

We just got AT&T U-verse this past weekend.

Our boxes (2 of which are wireless) tend to reboot at odd times.

We have NOT experienced the white banner when playing back, but the reboot portion is a problem.

I've seen the idea about replacing the cable between the residential gateway (RG) and the STB, but what about replacing the cable between the FG and the wireless transmitter?  Or are those the same thing (I see STB as set top box, in this case, the wireless receiver).

We've also had the hardwired DVR do reboots at odd times.  With this rebooting, we've also had cases where the playback (OnDemand OR DVR'd shows) will be playing back, then pause for a few seconds, then resume playing. 

I DO have an internal network using a Cisco E3000 router with N capabilities using the 5Ghz frequency. Should I ensure they are far apart? If so, how far?  I know another wireless router on the home network isn't fully supported with U-Verse, but that isn't an option - I need the N wireless.  If their RG's had WirelessN, I'd be ebaying this E3000. 🙂

Has anybody had this random reboot?  Could it be a case of patches being downloaded (since it IS MS-based) and having to reboot?  This has occurred in the evenings mostly, but it HAS happened during the middle of the day.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

See my messages below:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Total-Home-DVR/Cisco-ISB-7500-rebooting/m-p/3035957#M13926

http://forums.att.com/t5/Receivers/Cisco-wireless-receiver-known-issue-with-playback-of-recorded/m-p/3037993#M54306

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

I did the wireless off of auto after using inSIDDer on the 2.4 ghz band but I don't have a pc with 5 ghz capabilities.

I changed my internal router E3000 2.4 ghz channel to 2 and RG to 9. Changed the 5 ghz channel to 3, but not sure I I can change any other frequency bands on that AT&T WAP coming off the RG. But I do put on a new cable so we will see how it goes!

Thanks for the pointers!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Still getting the Press OK notice after clearing the frequency conflicts.

I'm wondering if I shoud move the WAP closer to the TV's (they're next to each other, separated by a wall, in different rooms).

Not my ideal way to solve it, but it is doable.  I REALLY don't want to convert both to wired boxes.

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

12 years ago

I'm getting the Press OK notice, and my WAP is only six or seven feet away from the wireless receiver. (Close, but no reasonable way to run ethernet.)

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

12 years ago

Further info:
I replaced the supplied ethernet cable to the WAP (direct from the RG) with a newly purchased cable, and we still get the Press OK notice from time to time.
Coincidentally, I replaced the HDMI cable from the wireless receiver to the TV (smallish Sony Bravia LCD) with a heavier gauge cable around the same time. (I had borrowed one to try the wireless receiver at first, then bought a new one so I could return the borrowed one to the use that needed its length.)

Oh, and earlier we had been speculating that the special WAP might interfere with other use of the 5GHz 802.11n spectrum. I'm happy to report that I have seen no such interference in that direction. (Of course, I can't rule out the possibility that interference in the other direction might be the explanation for my Press OK messages, but they should be using different channels.)

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

This might seem like a silly question, but have you rebooted your RG since you connected the WAP for the wireless receiver?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

I never used the ethernet cable that came with the STB. I used my own. Still owuldnt explain there wasnt an issue with an SDTV as opposed to HDTV

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@tavara6 wrote:

I never used the ethernet cable that came with the STB. I used my own. Still owuldnt explain there wasnt an issue with an SDTV as opposed to HDTV

How are your other U-verse boxes feed by coaxial cable or cat5 cable?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.