tavara6's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, January 20th, 2012 11:50 AM

Cisco wireless receiver known issue with playback of recorded content

The wireless STB has a known issue that T needs to address. When viewing recorded content, either SD or HD, the message "Press OK to See Your Recording" appears about every 5 minutes in a white box at the bottom of the screen. The only way to rectify is to press OK, which brings you to the recorded content menu. You then have to select the show you are watching and press Resume Play.  Im returning this box for a refund.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

There appears to be a new firmware update being pushed out for the wireless receiver.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Has anyone else with a wireless receiver reported this same issue?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

Yes. There are a few posts and a response by U verse support that didnt address the issue

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I've had the same issue. I'll be watching something recorded and the "Press OK to browse a list of recordings" banner will pop up on the screen. When I press OK, the recording stops and I have to wait for it to reconnect to the DVR again. Then I have to find the show I was watching and press play again (it usually starts in a different place from where it stopped). It's a 2-3 minute process. It does this maybe once a month.

What happens more frequently is the screen freezes or goes black, requiring a reset by holding the power button or unplugging. This happens sometimes several times a day.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

12 years ago

I have the same issue, but it happens with virtually every recording that I watch.  I've called TS and get no real answers beyond their usual "reboot" fix. 

Scholar

• 

136 Messages

12 years ago

The biggest thing with the wireless STB is to make sure the access point is clear of any 5 GHz interference.  I had mine down on the floor and connected through a switch to my RG.  When i moved it off the floor and connected it to the RG it quit having an issue.  And yes, I swapped out the box thinking it was the box but instead on moving the access point it seemed to get better.  If the access point is on a switch, it seems to get overwhelmed with the multicast traffic.  Also make sure nothing else is trying to use port 443.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

12 years ago

I just had a tech chat rep swear up and down that the wireless receivers did not use, depend on, or interfere with port 443.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

unrtechie

I'm trying to understand... did you go straight from the RG to the wireless STB?

I think I'd like to bypass my WAP at this point because of the troubles I'm having with the wireless STB booting on its own every day. It sounds like this is what you did? yes?  If so, did it help?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

Following up. So I did some troubleshooting and hooked the wireless STB to an old Standard Def Sony TV. I played back a few recordings and did not get the “Press OK to See Your Recording" message. So could this problem be linked to the HDTV?

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Something caught my attention on the Uverseusers.com forum about a known issue with the wireless receivers.  According to one of the U-verse technicians,  the Ethernet cable include in the box may be defective and results in the issues described in this thread.  The solution is to replace the Ethernet cable used to connect the WAP to the RG.

http://www.uverseusers.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&topic=18701.0;topicseen

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.