Cornleious's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 21st, 2014 11:20 PM

Cisco wireless receiver isb7005 does not respond

When I plug in power light not lit but wifi ls lit with 2 yellow rest green then link hd record are all lit but power button will not respond to 5, 10 , 15 sec holds to reset plus there is no picture on screen like it's not connected

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

my Cisco ISB7005 wireless receiver is frozen with lights on. I tried the disaster recovery (holding down power button ok button and down arrow) but it does not work. I also tried the simple ten second reset and unplugging the box multiple times. Is there any other way to reset the box short of a service call?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @ppeter,

It sounds like there maybe a problem with your wireless receiver. I am so sorry about all the issues. You can try a non-destructive recovery, but I am not sure if that will work. To do so:

1. Unplug the receiver or DVR power cord from the wall or back of the box.
  2. Wait 10 seconds.
  3. Plug in the receiver and DVR.
  4. When three white dots appear on the screen, unplug the receiver/DVR again.
  5. Repeat this process two more times.
  6. Plug the receiver/DVR back in on the third time and leave in. Three white dots appear followed by a gear with a status bar at the bottom of the screen.
  7. If the Disaster Recovery screen does not appear, repeat the steps above.

I will also send you a private message, so if your issues are not resolved, I can help in getting the receiver replaced for you.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

This happened to me - all lights on and screen frozen.  I tried disaster reboot, unplugging, checking wall outlet, etc.  Was on the phone with ATT and thirty minutes into it, on my own, tried unplugging everything (including HDMI) which caused it to reboot.  Worth trying for others maybe.  Frustrating because I have had ATT for about 2 years, and already made multiple phone calls for issues, replaced my wireless receiver already more than once (once they sent it and it still did not work forcing a technician to come out and replace the replacement), replaced my WAP, etc.  Hours of my life lost, with never a customer service call with anything more than a hollow apology.  I am seriously considering dropping ATT.  I chose them out of convenience when I moved, but my previous cable service never had these issues.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I have had problems with at&t u-verse from the get go a little over 2 yrs now. Everytime I call about the problem they tell me to reboot the residential gateway modem and that just creates a new problem . As soon as the contract is up this time so is this u verse in my house

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

AT&T SHOULD JUST STICK TO TELEPHONE SERVICE AND LEAVE TELEVISION ALONE BECAUSE IT'S APPARENTLY THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW TO KEEP TELEVISION GOING WITHOUT HITTING BUMPS IN THE ROAD

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

My Cisco Box's overheat and they are giving off a gas like smell, that burns your eyes. Some times they won't playback. I've disconnect because there making my family sick. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

What High Lighted Errors

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @2468lasvegas,

If the box is in a closed environment, in a cabinet or dresser door, this could be the cause. Regardless, we will need to get this box replaced. Please send us a message by clicking here. Provide your:

• Name
  • 9 digit U-verse account number

Keep an eye on the envelope.png at the top right corner of your screen for a response. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.