Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Cisco ISB7005

Highlighted
Contributor

Cisco ISB7005

I have two Cisco ISB7005 wireless receivers and a VEN501 wireless access point. I want to use one receiver wired using its ethernet port and keep the other one wireless. How do I do that? Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Cisco ISB7005

Just connect the receiver's network port to one of the yellow ethernet ports on the back of the gateway with an ethernet cable.

Reboot both the gateway (pull plug for 15 secs. and let it fully reboot).  Maybe the WAP too but most likely not.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by rfitz511
‎09-07-2018 9:13 AM

Unplug the WAP power source....

Wire the 7005 ethernet.

Reboot both gateway and reciever.

The receiver will look for the WAP first, time out and then connect on the ethernet.

Note... may have to depress enter button a few times for errors on screen, will take maybe 10 minutes total.

Once the reciever is functioning properly, then power up the WAP for the other wireless receiver to function.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Worked fine, thanks for your help.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support