Joe039's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, September 5th, 2014 10:50 PM

Cisco ISB7005 wireless hardwired?

I read where it said in the forum that all you have to do is run cat5e cable, plug in and turn off accesspoint, is this the vap2500? Then reset receiver to search for another connection. Also what happens when you turn the access point back on for Wi-Fi and another wireless receiver? Just trying to get as much info to see if it will work in my case. Thanks

Joe

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

10 years ago

Plug it in with Ethernet, unplug the VAP2500 and hold down the power button for 5 seconds until the receiver reboots. Once it comes back on, let it go through it's connection finding process(it shouldn't ask you to connect to the WAP) and wait for the TV stream to begin playing. It should now have forgotten the access point and run on Ethernet. If you ever decide to plug the VAP2500 back in, the ISB7005 shouldn't remember the network/password.

Just to add,

When a wireless receiver reboots and can't find its access point, it'll reset its network settings back to default and search for a wired connection or wait for another connection setup to be done for wireless.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

You said, if you ever decide to plug the VAP2500 back in, the ISB7005 shouldn't remember the network/password.

***So then if I want to use the ISB7005 as wireless again, how do I get it to remember the network and password?  Is that where the WPS button on the VAP2500 comes in?

Thanks for your fast reply.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

10 years ago

Yes, if you wanted to change the ISB7005 back to wireless, you would need to do the following:

1) Unplug it from Ethernet

2) Reboot it

3) Then do the usual WPS setup like before.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

So, I unplugged my wireless Cisco STB, and ran the Cat5e Ethernet cable from my router to the network port on the back of the same STB.  I also completely unplugged the WAP from the router, so that the STB doesn't get confused as to which signal to sync to.  I plugged the STB back in and everything booted up fine eventually (gear icon, then relink).  

So far so good, but after about a week I had the same dropout problems on the STB that I had when it was wireless.  It seems to happen at least once a day, sometimes twice, and most often at night.  I've tried the whole house reboot, where I've unplugged the router, unplugged the wired DVR in the front room, and unplugged the back room STB (now wired).  Everything comes back up fine, but eventually the formerly wireless STB freezes or drops out.  My question is, which piece is bad?  The router or the STB?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the quick response.  I'll give the swap a try, but if anything, I suspect an overly used circuit would apply to the outlet where the main DVR unit is currently plugged in rather than at the site of the secondary STB.  Still, I'll check it out.

I tried swapping the ports on the RG last night, so we'll see how that goes.

Lastly, how do I perform the factory reset on the STB?  Is that the process where I press the 'OK', Down, and Power buttons simultaeneously until I get the three blinking lights?  Do I need to perform a factory reset on the router as well?

Thanks again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.